You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Travis vs Dire Straits

Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Travis vs Dire Straits  

49 members have voted

1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 1. Travis vs Dire Straits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/20 at 19:27

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I could buy yours while buying a magnet signed by signed by Jimmy Somerville at a car boot 

This response suggests that he's done it.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Status Quo were pop's answer to a heavy rock band. Some nice sing a long tunes that your granny wouldn't find offensive. Basically Motorhead if Lemmy was teetotal from day one.

Quo were shite but the irony in your post is that they were my nans favourite band and they were also heavy drink and drug abusers. Well one certainly was. 

26 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Status Quo were pop's answer to a heavy rock band. Some nice sing a long tunes that your granny wouldn't find offensive. Basically Motorhead if Lemmy was teetotal from day one.

Hmmm... I recommend you go listen to Pile Driver, Hello!, On the Level,Blue or You,  Quo and Live (at the Glasgow Apollo). Absolutely nothing Pop about those albums at all.  It's bit like saying Queen were a pop band because of their 80's output.  

As for Quo being Teetotal?? WTF?!?!?!?!? 

If you don't like them as a band, fair do's. No one likes exactly the same thing as someone else, world would be boring but maybe do a little research before you call them a pop band.  

• Upvote 3

As for this Poll. Dire Straits every time. I grew out of them a little as I hit my 20's but found them again a few years ago (when I got my record player) and love them.  Great band.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Hmmm... I recommend you go listen to Pile Driver, Hello!, On the Level,Blue or You,  Quo and Live (at the Glasgow Apollo). Absolutely nothing Pop about those albums at all.  It's bit like saying Queen were a pop band because of their 80's output.  

As for Quo being Teetotal?? WTF?!?!?!?!? 

If you don't like them as a band, fair do's. No one likes exactly the same thing as someone else, world would be boring but maybe do a little research before you call them a pop band.  

70's quo were a great hard rocking and hard living band. Rossi and Parfitt put enough coke up their noses to put an army of Bolivian kids through college.

Dire Straits for me. My auntie's husband in York is a guitarist and did some sessions work for Knoppler in the 90's.

Quite like Travis mind. The Man Who is a nice album.

• Upvote 1