You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Coldplay vs Motorhead

Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Coldplay vs Motorhead  

49 members have voted

1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 1. Coldplay vs Motorhead

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/20 at 14:36

Not into either band. Motorhead by default. That said, twenty years ago, I attended a Coldplay concert with a mate who was a fan. The highlight for me was, getting pissed and booting a beaker of Red Stripe down the stairs. I didn’t mind their first album but haven’t listened to it in years.

Coldplay have some good songs, no-one can deny that. I saw them live in 06 and they were very good. Not my kind of band though. I like my bands to have sex, drugs and jack daniels in their rider not a twinings multi-pack and a harp. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Coldplay have some good songs, no-one can deny that. I saw them live in 06 and they were very good. Not my kind of band though. I like my bands to have sex, drugs and jack daniels in their rider not a twinings multi-pack and a harp. 

I'll happily deny it. It’s music for people that don’t really like music, much like Phil Collins

• Downvote 1

Some of the best things I've read in a autobiography was in Lemmy book. 

Talks of being a teenager just out of school and going camping. Says he and his mate snuck into some girls camping trip tent. He fell asleep, woke up to screams. His mate, who had a artificial arm was screaming and being beaten with his own arm by some older woman in charge of the camping trip. 

Or when stopped by the police as a roadie, his solution to being caught with a carrier bag full of acid was to eat as much of it as he could before the police opened the van door. 

Or his girlfriend who was a nurse bringing massive jars of something (can't remember what it was) back to the doss house they lived in and him and his mates eating it by the spoonful. One sat up in a tree for a few days just spoon feeding himself the drug. Another unplugging the TV and carrying it around talking to it. 

Been a long time since I read the book, so could be a little off on the stories but it's funny as fuck in places. 

5172S69MRYL._SX315_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Upvote 4