Quantcast
Bubbling under- great British bands that didn't make the cut - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Mudface

Bubbling under- great British bands that didn't make the cut

Have Dr Feelgood been mentioned?

The amount of hugely influential late 60/70s groups left out is a bit mental.

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

Have Dr Feelgood been mentioned?

The amount of hugely influential late 60/70s groups left out is a bit mental.

I agree but reckon had they been included at the expense of 90s bands, people would be moaning about that.

37 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I agree but reckon had they been included at the expense of 90s bands, people would be moaning about that.

Probably aye but Kasabian in before Free & Ocean Colour Scene in before King Crimson for example are pretty ludicrous when you think about it.

AND WHERE THE FUCK ARE SANTANA?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I'm surprised James couldn't make the cut despite nearly 40 years of making music, The Charlatans also. I'd have both of them over Travis and the like.

Same. I've been kicking myself in Tonys bollocks since I committed to the final 64. 

I am sorry lads. As has been said though, the best bands will be there in the business end. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah, but only people that would be completely wrong.

Can't keep up with all the threads. 

Did Soul II Soul get in?  Massive Attack? 

Argh, Basement Jaxx?  Or are these all too collective rather than bands?

Haha bloody hell, managing to moan there aren't enough 60s and 70s bands in this because there are what 4 or 5 bands from the 90s? 

Statistically speaking, what are the chances the no bands in the past 20 years would make the top 64?

I nominated Doves and Gomez, but in retrospect I'm glad they are not in this tournament losing to Frankie goes to Hollywood or something. 

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Did Spandau Ballet make the cut?  Seems a bit odd to have Duran Duran there if their rivals aren't.

You're right, it is a bit odd to have Duran Duran in there.

• Upvote 1

Listening to Massive Attack this morning. Guess they don't quite fit the criteria of what Stig was aiming for (like the Prodigy), but it still holds up so well for me.

3 hours ago, Remmie said:

I nominated Doves and Gomez, but in retrospect I'm glad they are not in this tournament losing to Frankie goes to Hollywood or something. 

Ive heard of them both at least. Useless trivia but my sister and brother in law once went on a weekend to Milan and were sat in a bar chatting and drinking with Gomez. Was around 20 years ago,more or less. 

• Upvote 1

Obviously no Beatles in the competition proper but I wonder how Wings and/or The Plastic Ono Band might have faired. I suppose the latter, despite the word ‘band’ in their name, were more of an ensemble act. 

• Upvote 1

It's a bit odd how Stig seems to almost exclusively listen to "indie" bands from the 1990s yet there's no Super Furry Animals who were the best of them easily. 

No Teenage Fanclub either. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It's a bit odd how Stig seems to almost exclusively listen to "indie" bands from the 1990s yet there's no Super Furry Animals who were the best of them easily. 

No Teenage Fanclub either. 

It’s a bit odd how you assume you have any idea what I exclusively listen too. You chat pure shite