You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bubbling under- great British bands that didn't make the cut

Mudface

37 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I agree but reckon had they been included at the expense of 90s bands, people would be moaning about that.

Probably aye but Kasabian in before Free & Ocean Colour Scene in before King Crimson for example are pretty ludicrous when you think about it.

AND WHERE THE FUCK ARE SANTANA?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I'm surprised James couldn't make the cut despite nearly 40 years of making music, The Charlatans also. I'd have both of them over Travis and the like.

Same. I've been kicking myself in Tonys bollocks since I committed to the final 64. 

I am sorry lads. As has been said though, the best bands will be there in the business end. 

• Upvote 1

Haha bloody hell, managing to moan there aren't enough 60s and 70s bands in this because there are what 4 or 5 bands from the 90s? 

Statistically speaking, what are the chances the no bands in the past 20 years would make the top 64?

3 hours ago, Remmie said:

I nominated Doves and Gomez, but in retrospect I'm glad they are not in this tournament losing to Frankie goes to Hollywood or something. 

Ive heard of them both at least. Useless trivia but my sister and brother in law once went on a weekend to Milan and were sat in a bar chatting and drinking with Gomez. Was around 20 years ago,more or less. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It's a bit odd how Stig seems to almost exclusively listen to "indie" bands from the 1990s yet there's no Super Furry Animals who were the best of them easily. 

No Teenage Fanclub either. 

It’s a bit odd how you assume you have any idea what I exclusively listen too. You chat pure shite