You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bubbling under- great British bands that didn't make the cut

Mudface

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I assume EC is being treated as a singer with a backing band  although that is more than a bit demeaning to Messrs Nieve and Thomas x 2.

Yea, I guess.

They are certainly a fabulous band and were integral to the sound - their sound - from the very beginning.

Same as Springsteen, his reputation was built on the E Street Band.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, I guess.

They are certainly a fabulous band and were integral to the sound - their sound - from the very beginning.

Same as Springsteen, his reputation was built on the E Street Band.

Yeah I love the original line up and have seen EC more times than I can recall,  and still wish they would all get together again,  but Bruce's book didnt help much.

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I would have liked to see the Fall in the list. Lots of dross but the occasional gem and Mark E smith was an ‘interesting’ guy. 

Last time I saw The Fall Smith went off for a brew mid set, after turning the guitarists amp off.

Came back about ten/fifteen minutes later and kicked in to Mr Pharmacist.

Glorious.

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I can’t see them making the top 10. Off the top of my head, in alphabetical order.

The Beatles 

Black Sabbath

Fleetwood Mac

The Kinks

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

Queen

Roxy Music

The Rolling Stones

The Who

Ive heard of all them,unlike most of the other suggestions made.