You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament - Round 1. The Kinks vs Genesis

Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 1. The Kinks vs Genesis   

68 members have voted

1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 1. The Kinks vs Genesis

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/20 at 11:46

Genesis get my vote from Trespass to when Steve Hackett left. Unfortunately what happened after he left (including that Invisible Touch pish) is best forgotten.

I do respect The Kinks but aside from a few great singles, they've never done much for me.

The Kinks vs Phil Collins? The Kinks by 3 cunts to 1 bastard. 

The Kinks vs Peter Gabriel? Peter Gabriel by 5 cunts to 2 bastards. 

Genesis cunt The Kinks in the bastard in the second half. 

Been a big genesis fan, ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that I didn't really understand any of their work, it was too artsy, too intellectual. It was on duke where Phil Collins presence became more apparent. i think invisible touch is the group's undisputed masterpiece, it's an epic meditation on intangibility at the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding 3 albums. Christy, take off the robe.  listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of banks, Collins and Rutherford you can practically hear every nuance of every instrument, Sabrina. remove your dress, in terms of lyrical craftsmanship and sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism, Sabrina why don't you uh, dance a little! take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion", in this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980's, about monogamy and commitment, the song is extremely uplifting. their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins solo career, it seems to be more commercial. and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way. especially songs like, in the air tonight and against all odds. Sabrina dont just stare at it, eat it! I also think, Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group than as a solo artist, and i stress the word artist! This is Sussudio, great, great song. personal favourite.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Been a big genesis fan, ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that I didn't really understand any of their work, it was too artsy, too intellectual. It was on duke where Phil Collins presence became more apparent. i think invisible touch is the group's undisputed masterpiece, it's an epic meditation on intangibility at the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding 3 albums. Christy, take off the robe.  listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of banks, Collins and Rutherford you can practically hear every nuance of every instrument, Sabrina. remove your dress, in terms of lyrical craftsmanship and sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism, Sabrina why don't you uh, dance a little! take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion", in this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980's, about monogamy and commitment, the song is extremely uplifting. their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins solo career, it seems to be more commercial. and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way. especially songs like, in the air tonight and against all odds. Sabrina dont just stare at it, eat it! I also think, Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group than as a solo artist, and i stress the word artist! This is Sussudio, great, great song. personal favourite.

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News? 

• Upvote 1

Interesting take Muddy , but I was the opposite and lost a bit of interest when Gabriel left and then NewWave appeared.

I have got a ticket to see them at the rearranged gig now in April though and really looking forward to it.

Like the Kinks but Ray Davies let me down pretending to get shot in the arse to avoid playing his liverpool gig