You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Pulp vs Stone Roses

Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Pulp vs Stone Roses  

52 members have voted

1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 1. Pulp vs Stone Roses

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/20 at 13:09

9 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

They wont see it. Pulp, continuing the legacy of the Kinks in terms of writing witty catchy tunes about English working class life are going home in round one and Bobbie Gillespie will be in the final. I'm fuming. 

I don't mind Bobby Gillespie being in the final so long as it's part of The Jesus And Mary Chain. 

• Upvote 2

The Stone Roses, the day my Dad brought Made of Stone home from the record shop was the day my life changed & that's no exaggeration.

Second Coming is also massively underrated & I play it more than the debut these days. In hindsight, they should've packed it in when Reni left & never went back.

Pulp do absolutely fuck all for me.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

Yeah Stigs done a good job with this. Impossible to get everyone's pick in

I’ve indulged in some light teasing but, to be fair, he has. This competition is covering a lot of bases. It’s creating good debate, taking readers down memory lane, introducing some new music, personally I’ve been amused by some comments and it’s making me login more often than normal to see what the next tie is I can moan about offline. 

13 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve indulged in some light teasing but, to be fair, he has. This competition is covering a lot of bases. It’s creating good debate, taking readers down memory lane, introducing some new music, personally I’ve been amused by some comments and it’s making me login more often than normal to see what the next tie is I can moan about offline. 

How often do you login normally then? 

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

They wont see it. Pulp, continuing the legacy of the Kinks in terms of writing witty catchy tunes about English working class life are going home in round one and Bobbie Gillespie will be in the final. I'm fuming. 

I do actually quite like the Stone Roses. Mersey Paradise is a belter, as is Elephant Stone.