You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Echo and the Bunnymen vs Joy Division

Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 1. Echo and the Bunnymen vs Joy Division  

60 members have voted

1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 1. Echo and the Bunnymen vs Joy Division

• Echo and the Bunnymen
    • Joy Division

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/07/20 at 18:15

34 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I would have put Joy Division and New Order together. But then I wouldn't have put the Small Faces and the Faces together. Go figure. 

Joy Division and New Order’s music is totally different. I voted for Echo & the Bunnymen, but will be voting for New Order. I’d vote for New Order over the Bunnymen.

50 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Joy Division and New Order’s music is totally different. I voted for Echo & the Bunnymen, but will be voting for New Order. I’d vote for New Order over the Bunnymen.

Unknown Pleasures is totally different than Closer. Joy Divison's early punk stuff is light years from Ceremony and In a Lonely Place. Their sound was always progressing although saying that Movement sounds more like Joy Division than New Order. They really started developing their own sound through the early 12 inches and b sides and by Power, Corruption and Lies they'd moved on from Joy Division. 

Saying all that, New Order are my favourite band after The Beatles. 

23 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Unknown Pleasures is totally different than Closer. Joy Divison's early punk stuff is light years from Ceremony and In a Lonely Place. Their sound was always progressing although saying that Movement sounds more like Joy Division than New Order. They really started developing their own sound through the early 12 inches and b sides and by Power, Corruption and Lies they'd moved on from Joy Division. 

Saying all that, New Order are my favourite band after The Beatles. 

My top 5 favourites

1. Fleetwood Mac (Buckingham Nicks)

2. The Beatles

3. New Order

4. Neil Young & Crazy Horse

5. Pet Shop Boys

• Upvote 1

Echo & The Bunnymen going out in the first round will be a travesty. As was The The going out at the same stage, especially so as shite like Duran Duran are going through.

Can’t wait for the first round Pink Floyd vs Led Zeppelin head to head.

Fuck you Stig, fuck you in the ass.