You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are you a dunker?

Tony Moanero

Are you a dunker?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dunk biscuits in tea or coffee?

• Yes, always.
    • No, never, I just eat them as they are.
    • Occasionally, depends on the biscuit.
    • I’m a weirdo, I don’t like biscuits.

We try not to buy biscuits, as the kids just devour them, but there’s no doubt the process of dunking a biscuit is immensely satisfying.

For a middle aged man like me in a long, long term relationship, it’s about as close to sex as I can get. This is particularly when I’m at my mothers house where she keeps a regular supply of ginger snaps. 

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

We try not to buy biscuits, as the kids just devour them, but there’s no doubt the process of dunking a biscuit is immensely satisfying.

For a middle aged man like me in a long, long term relationship, it’s about as close to sex as I can get. This is particularly when I’m at my mothers house where she keeps a regular supply of ginger snaps. 

ElegantCoarseHawk-small.gif

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I always dunk. I even give myself little challenges to see how long I can leave it in before it disintegrates. I always win. 

Yeah, I’m a risk taker.

Someone on here once said dunking shortbread is pointless. Nonsense, you just have to make sure your brew is HOT and dunk it for longer.

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah, I’m a risk taker.

Someone on here once said dunking shortbread is pointless. Nonsense, you just have to make sure your brew is HOT and dunk them for longer.

Nothing worse than dunking a biscuit in lukewarm tea and it doesn’t soften properly. I mean, it’s still better than not dunking it at all, but nowhere near the heights of putting it in a steaming hot cup. 

9 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I'm a club man myself @Tony Moanero

Here's a question for all you tea drinkers.  One of my students last year dunks toast in his tea.  Is this a normal thing as I was aghast at that revelation.

I used to love Club biscuits. However, I like a lot of chocolate on my biscuit, so I no longer eat them. The chocolate to biscuit ratio is a disgrace nowadays.

• Upvote 2

Biscuits should never be dunked in coffee, that’s just nuts, I can tolerate a biscotti dipped in the froth of a latte, but that's about it.

Biscuits in tea then you're talking digestives as it is the world's most boring biscuit. Chocolate digestive? You're basically bumming Clare Foy while she's in character as The Queen while you yourself are dressed as Oliver Cromwell. 

Cheese on a digestive is wrong but right, I'd never encountered it before until my uncle introduced me to it as a blast from the past in his Royal Navy days.