You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Everyone has... except me’ Thread

11 hours ago, Champ said:

Great shout. I’ve no idea what cramp is

11 hours ago, mgw100 said:

I also have no idea what cramp is

It's what you get when you miss the turning to Brunstane station, walk on for a mile in a drunken haze, finally realise and leg it back to find you've missed your train, get Mook to kindly arrange a taxi to Waverley, sit in the back clenched up 'cos if you don't make this train there it's going to be another couple of hours till the next one, jump out and run through Waverley as fast as your drunken legs can carry you and finally collapse in relief when you make it.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's what you get when you miss the turning to Brunstane station, walk on for a mile in a drunken haze, finally realise and leg it back to find you've missed your train, get Mook to kindly arrange a taxi to Waverley, sit in the back clenched up 'cos if you don't make this train there it's going to be another couple of hours till the next one, jump out and run through Waverley as fast as your drunken legs can carry you and finally collapse in relief when you make it.

That's not cramp.Its the most intense pain, in your groin, your thigh,your calves or feet - or any combination, in one or both legs. Lasts for about 10 minutes which seem like hours. Footballers are usually affected in the calves, that's why you see them lying on their back while someone stretches their leg. It's commoner as you age and tends to happen during hot weather after exercise.

20 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

That's not cramp.Its the most intense pain, in your groin, your thigh,your calves or feet - or any combination, in one or both legs. Lasts for about 10 minutes which seem like hours. Footballers are usually affected in the calves, that's why you see them lying on their back while someone stretches their leg. It's commoner as you age and tends to happen during hot weather after exercise.

It was a joke, based on what happened after I met Champ, Mook and mgw100 to watch the City game last year.

I quite regularly get cramp in my calves and feet at night or in the morning through exercise or drinking too much water during the day for a hangover. It's horrible, the last one in my calves a few weeks ago actually still hurt a few days later.

21 hours ago, RedKnight said:

Pop Tarts are awful sugary confections. Foul.

I've never tried smoking, never done drugs and I've been to Paris twice and never bothered going up the Eiffel Tower.

Same, Paris twice and never gone near the tower.

I had completely forgotten until I read your post.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

I quite regularly get cramp in my calves and feet at night or in the morning through exercise or drinking too much water during the day for a hangover. It's horrible, the last one in my calves a few weeks ago actually still hurt a few days later.

Doesn’t happen to me very often but it was always disproportionately happening while hungover compared to not. I’ve never made that water connection before. I thought it was just God punishing me for being a knobhead the night before. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Doesn’t happen to me very often but it was always disproportionately happening while hungover compared to not. I’ve never made that water connection before. I just thought it was just God punishing me for being a knobhead the night before. 

Yeah,drinking too much water forces salt levels to become too low and upset the osmotic balance and cramps can be a symptom. Low salt levels can also be a serious condition.

I remember being put clean through on goal one sunday morning after an extremely heavy night before. My body just kind of seized up asmI was sprinting and the pain that shot through my right leg as I cramped up caused me to do some weird almost somersault. The relief when someone helped straighten my leg out was unreal. Fuck me cramp hurts. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Doesn’t happen to me very often but it was always disproportionately happening while hungover compared to not. I’ve never made that water connection before. I thought it was just God punishing me for being a knobhead the night before. 

Estoy embarazada y dentro de poco tengo la eco para saber si es ...

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I don’t currently own a pair of jeans.

Unlike practically everyone else, I eat sandwiches and burgers with a knife and fork.

Least surprising post of the decade.

I envy anyone who has never had cramp. When it's really bad, the pain lingers for days. The worst cramp I ever had took about 3 minutes of stretching the leg just to stop it. I looked at my twitching calf and it was like the muscle was trying to tear itself away from the bone.

10 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I envy anyone who has never had cramp. When it's really bad, the pain lingers for days. The worst cramp I ever had took about 3 minutes of stretching the leg just to stop it. I looked at my twitching calf and it was like the muscle was trying to tear itself away from the bone.

5dba37090819b01ba663e37a2a7685b1.jpg