You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament ... (Like the Sitcoms)

Bjornebye

28 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Kasabian? Ha ha! Fuck me. 

Half of this is like a Shine compilation. 

Headlined Glastonbury. 

I'm pretty sure they're better than Afro-Man 

You might have to keep winding that boring neck in. 

Struggled to sleep last night. Kept trying to think of bands, not included, that would improve the list and, most importantly, undermine Stig.

In the end I concluded that every great cup competition provides an opportunity for minnows to have their moment in the sun. 

Biffy Clyro this is your time. 

13 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Like The Yardbirds, I don't think they had enough hits. The Small Faces I looked at but wanted some more modern bands in as well. Not everything great only came from the 60's, 70's and 80's. 

Primal Scream need to go in. I might do 64 bands fuck it. Why not 

I'll add

The Stone Roses

The Smiths

Yardbirds

The Small Faces

Motorhead

Muse

Biffy Clyro

Cream

The Animals

The The

The Damned (For Redderz) 

Add away 

The Electric Light Orchestra? Loads of hits,well regarded by Lennon himself,lead singer formed the Traveling Wilburys? You need to up your game.

29 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Stig's music threads are like someone with 3 strands of hair trying to advise you on a haircut. 

I know mate, at least I try. Keeps me entertained. I'm a glutton for punishment. Just like your mum. 

• Upvote 1

Fucked if I'm reading the whole thread but there is some dross been mentioned many times over.  I bet The Move aren't on the list are they?

And this is going to go the same way as the sitcoms and some cunts like Muse will end up winning.

Do a draw after each round this time so decents bands aren't fucked off too early, some of the pairings in both sitcom polls were gash.

• Upvote 1