You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 5 Chelsea 3 (Jul 22 2020)

tlw content

1 hour ago, halewood pete said:

Great report, thanks Dave.

Sorry lallana didn't get a game,I think it would be a great gesture if he started the Newcastle game as Captain

I was thinking that too, but it doesn't really make sense as he's soon to be out of contract and what if he played and did his knee in or something? Probably sensible to not involve him.

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Generally speaking it’s an ok comparison but at least they started out good

Wasn't really a serious comparison, more of a Welsh jibe at aws.

Although Coldplay started out ok too.

(By that I mean 'Yellow' was quite good).

2 hours ago, dave u said:

I was thinking that too, but it doesn't really make sense as he's soon to be out of contract and what if he played and did his knee in or something? Probably sensible to not involve him.

Didn’t he request/agree with Klopp he wouldn’t play again this season? 

Marvellous report on a slightly mad game at the end of a totally mental season.

I've felt a little bit detached since we won it, it's all seemed a bit surreal, but watching them finally lift that big ugly trophy has brought a touch of reality to what these lads have achieved. Just really, really incredible stuff that will probably take a while to properly sink in, but will be remembered alongside the greatest succeses we've had.

Looking forward to the mag also.

• Upvote 1

Don't know if anyone has mentioned, but Trent's cross for Bobby's goal was the 19th pass of a move where we moved the ball slickly around them from one side to the other until the opening was created.

I don't know why Marriner hesitated before giving that absoultely clear-cut foul against Kovacic. It was similar to the penalty appeal against Burnley in that the defender may have got the slightest of tounches on the ball but the attacking player was still in control - until cleared out by the defending player. Hence we should have had a penalty against Burnley and the foul was correct here. Marriner seems to hate giving any decisions at all these days, just likes to keep his head down and breeze through a game - should have been put out to grass years ago. And the Azpilicueta barge on Mane woud have been given outside the area. 

We played some lovely stuff in bursts, and it was really satisfying that we scored five whilst hardly ever getting into top gear against a good side desperate for points - including doing their best to rough us up. How did that work out for you, Frank?

• Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic