You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What happened the fans who suddenly got everything they ever wanted...

Antynwa

The thirst has been quenched, the dream has been fulfilled.  A generation of Liverpool fans (myself included) either not of age, or not even alive when Liverpool last won the league. Every year it has been the same, with a few false dawns in the interim.

I feel incredibly look to have witnessed the club win absolutely everything in the 30 years, and now to have witnessed us win the one that kept us awake at night, and caused the biggest of heartaches in 13/14 it's a very fulfilling feeling. I don't think we will ever be able to replicate that intensity unless of course (God forbid) we go even 10 years without a league or CL win, but its done its completed.

So what happens next? How do you feel? Where will be in 12 months time, and here is another one - What do we look like in 30 years? I have to admit my first point was to say, let go again, lets win it next year hopefully with some normality in society. I hope the players can hold onto that hunger for that reason. 

I just want to live in the moment. The manager and players will look ahead but as a fan I'm savouring every second, devouring all the media love and embracing these memorable times with all my fellow supporters and family.

After hitting rock bottom under G&H and then with Hodgson as manager, to now see my team holding the Premiership, Super Cup, European Cup and World Club Cup is crazy good, we are believers again

Somewhere around the turn of the last century I found myself enjoying the match going experience less and less. Most weeks, if not a bit of a drag, it didn’t have me bouncing out of bed either.

I used to say to myself that if I ever saw Liverpool win the Champions League again then that would be that. 

I did and it wasn’t. There was always something else. To be honest, It’s been a couple of seasons since I went to the match at all, but that’s for other reasons. Not because there’s not still a pull to experience what might come next. 

The league has been won and I’m thirsty to see what can be achieved next season and beyond. Being one season Champions isn’t enough, we/I need more. I want to see how Klopp builds his next great team and I want his era to be defined by more trophy’s. Many more. 

In thirty years I want us still to be Liverpool. Not just in name but in its values, it’s connection to the city and it’s supporters. This doesn’t mean we don’t move with the times, there’s good in that and sometimes it’s a necessary evil, but we do so without sacrificing the club that Shanks built.

I don’t think I’m asking for much. 

• Like 1

You will want more. I grew up in a time, and very fortunate, when this was as regular as clockwork. I remember being a bit upset in 87 when Everton won but in those days you shrugged it off as you knew we would go for it again the next season. We then blew teams away in 88.

The biggest challenge the Club faces now is staying where they are. In the olden days you didn't have teams that could just buy their way out of a problem, now you do.

The one thing I would say was that the Clubs approach in the 70s and 80s was when it was won, it was put away and the next season was targeted, the players where challenged to perform and the team was topped up with fresh blood. And that happens season on season without fail.

Thats what we need to do now.

• Upvote 1

I am so glad we finally got that monkey off our back, the longer we went on the harder it would have been to go again and this team deserved to do it.

I am made up we won the World Club Cup as well this year as we have never won that. I saw a lot of people on social media saying we should have "just sent the kids" but now all of a sudden it is important to them. This years one will be the last one so glad that we won it before the format changed.

The two performances in the league after the Super Cup and WCC were immense. Firstly against Southampton when we had played in Turkey in ridiculous heat, extra time and penalties yet had to play on the saturday because the PL wouldn't move the game back to the Sunday.  Then after winning the WCC in Qatar we came home and twatted Leicester in our best performance of the season. 

• Upvote 3