You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Frank Lampard

Ron B

9 hours ago, skaro said:

Ole, Frank, Brendan, Jose, Pep.

Is there a top 6 rival manager we don't despise?

Ancelotti, perhaps, ironically enough.

Ancelotti is a massive cunt after all the shit he pulled after the derby. Going on about Virgil's tackle on the Colombian for weeks afterwards.

• Upvote 3

I liked Ancelotti but he lost his L.A. privileges after the derby.

I don't hate Rodgers. I don't particularly like him either though. I find him a bit nauseating and his off the field conduct when he was here wasn't befitting of an LFC manager.

Of the top six though he's comfortably the one have the most time for.

Other than Klopp of course, before some smart arse tries to pull me up on that!

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont get this despies Rodgers myself.

Not sure if I’ve told this one here before (I probably have), but a few years back when I was involved in a charity in El Salvador we brought some Salvadoran lads over to Anfield. It was a surprise for them, they only knew they were coming to the city, but we brought them to the ground on matchday. 
Long and short of it, the one who was the biggest fan went with my pal into the ground to see the game, and was blown away. The other lad came with me to the pub to watch it on the telly, and spent the whole time with his jaw on the floor, chatting to all & sundry, etc. 
At full time we hung around outside the stadium, as the guys just wanted to soak it up for as long as they could. And sure enough, an hour or so after the match ended, Brendan came out. He headed straight to his car, but we approached him and asked if he’d have a quick chat with the Salvadorans. And he was an absolute gent, chatted away in Spanish for a good five or ten minutes. They were delighted. 
For that, he gets away with a large amount of knobbery. He could have easily just smiled, shaken their hands, and done one, but he really made an effort and it meant the world to them. 
As a man he’s alright by me. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 19

36 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Chelsea situation is quite funny. They basically chucked a bunch of talented players at an amateur and told him to figure it out. Predictably, it's not going great.

They just went out and bought all the flavour of the month/overhyped players from last season. I wonder if Chelsea scouted these players at all or just looked at the most "in demand" players according to the 'papers? 

4 minutes ago, Baltar said:

They just went out and bought all the flavour of the month/overhyped players from last season. I wonder if Chelsea scouted these players at all or just looked at the most "in demand" players according to the 'papers? 

I think they've more or less done that since Abramovic came on board just that usually they have a manager in place who has a bit of a clue/track record.

1 hour ago, Ron B said:

Not sure if I’ve told this one here before (I probably have), but a few years back when I was involved in a charity in El Salvador we brought some Salvadoran lads over to Anfield. It was a surprise for them, they only knew they were coming to the city, but we brought them to the ground on matchday. 
Long and short of it, the one who was the biggest fan went with my pal into the ground to see the game, and was blown away. The other lad came with me to the pub to watch it on the telly, and spent the whole time with his jaw on the floor, chatting to all & sundry, etc. 
At full time we hung around outside the stadium, as the guys just wanted to soak it up for as long as they could. And sure enough, an hour or so after the match ended, Brendan came out. He headed straight to his car, but we approached him and asked if he’d have a quick chat with the Salvadorans. And he was an absolute gent, chatted away in Spanish for a good five or ten minutes. They were delighted. 
For that, he gets away with a large amount of knobbery. He could have easily just smiled, shaken their hands, and done one, but he really made an effort and it meant the world to them. 

Thank goodness, that's one less bloke to hate then.

Chelsea supposedly sniffing around Tuchel, Nagelsmann and Rangnick now according to the Athletic, i.e. a German speaker. Absolute joke of a football club, basing their entire managerial appointment around a single issue of getting a tune out of a couple of players.

"We've just spent a lot of money on two Germans, but they're not playing well. Any ideas why?"

"Maybe they need someone to talk German in coaching sessions?"

"That's it! And a German manager won the league last year as well. This is the best idea ever."

Shades of hiring Rafa Benitez to get the best out of Fernando Torres, although at least Rafa had a recent history of getting a tune out of Fernando Torres. Why Thomas Tuchel - a man who's both never crossed paths with Kai Havertz or Timo Werner and has been sacked from a big club job due to problems with egos - is potentially the man for the job because of his nationality alone is absolutely fucking wild.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Chelsea supposedly sniffing around Tuchel, Nagelsmann and Rangnick now according to the Athletic, i.e. a German speaker. Absolute joke of a football club, basing their entire managerial appointment around a single issue of getting a tune out of a couple of players.

"We've just spent a lot of money on two Germans, but they're not playing well. Any ideas why?"

"Maybe they need someone to talk German in coaching sessions?"

"That's it! And a German manager won the league last year as well. This is the best idea ever."

Shades of hiring Rafa Benitez to get the best out of Fernando Torres, although at least Rafa had a recent history of getting a tune out of Fernando Torres. Why Thomas Tuchel - a man who's both never crossed paths with Kai Havertz or Timo Werner and has been sacked from a big club job due to problems with egos - is potentially the man for the job because of his nationality alone is absolutely fucking wild.

Hopefully Tuchel the weird plastic faced fraud

8 hours ago, dave u said:

I liked Ancelotti but he lost his L.A. privileges after the derby.

I don't hate Rodgers. I don't particularly like him either though. I find him a bit nauseating and his off the field conduct when he was here wasn't befitting of an LFC manager.

Of the top six though he's comfortably the one have the most time for.

Other than Klopp of course, before some smart arse tries to pull me up on that!

Can you expand on what you mean by his off the field conduct?

I remember when Rodgers left. Every year, I took a holiday. I went to Leicester, there’s this cafe, on the banks of the Soar. Every fine evening, I’d sit there and order a half a Fosters. I had this fantasy, that I would look across the tables and I’d see him there, back with his wife and kids. He wouldn’t say anything to me, nor me to him. But we’d both know that he’d made it, that he was happy. I never wanted him to come back to Liverpool. I always knew there was nothing here for him, except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for him than that. I still do.

wayne_zpsq0h1nvnw.jpg

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Ron B said:

More time for the Salvadorians than his missus it seems.