You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Frank Lampard

Ron B

You'll have to point me to the transfer window where LFC profited from a global crisis, and Klopp was bought the cream of Bundesliga talent in order for the "needs time" comparison to fully stack up. Fucking hell, he's been bought Ziyech, Werner, Havertz, Thiago Silva, Chilwell and Mendy in a single window. They replaced the most expensive keeper in the world with another £20m+ one less than two years later. He's got Pulisic, Jorginho and Giroud on the bench. They've got CL football and a good set of young players. It's light years away from what Klopp came into - Lampard has got at least a two year head start on where Klopp was starting from and I'd argue three or four, personally.

"Needs time to build his team" give me fucking strength. They finished third and won the fucking Europa League the year before he started, he didn't take over at fucking Sheffield United. People talk about Sarri as if he was there for thirty years and built the youth academy with his bare hands when actually he did a decent job in his single season and, Jorginho aside (poor Frank, lumbered with a donkey like Jorginho), it's not like the team is stacked with 'his' players who need to be phased out in order to move forward with a new style of play.

In all seriousness I don't think Lampard is a terrible manager. But he's a Championship level manager at best for the moment as evidenced by the fact he couldn't get Derby out of the second tier even with a load of Chelsea loanees two years ago. You could give the Chelsea job to any Championship manager (probably League One as well actually) and they'd probably get at least the same tune out of this group of players, if not more: he's got the gravitas of a club legend and that's all he'd have over them.

Doesn't stop him pontificating on what's right and wrong in the game though, nor did it stop him being a dressing room sneak who either actively helped get managers the sack or did nothing to reel in others who did. So fuck him. I hope Pep Lijnders fucking webs the cunt all over Anfield in a few months time.

• Upvote 17

Was obvious he'd be a fuckup, he's from the Tim Sherwood school, thumbs up to a goalscorer and makes out he's the horse whisperer, bargain bin "mind games" and a transfer list straight off Rashid's workplace's toilet wall.

Young English managers would be much better served doing decent stints as assistants or coaches, working abroad, getting all the coaching badges and talking to smart people. There's more to this shit than spending money and telling interviewers it's a game of two halves.

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Was obvious he'd be a fuckup, he's from the Tim Sherwood school, thumbs up to a goalscorer and makes out he's the horse whisperer, bargain bin "mind games" and a transfer list straight off Rashid's workplace's toilet wall.

Young English managers would be much better served doing decent stints as assistants or coaches, working abroad, getting all the coaching badges and talking to smart people. There's more to this shit than spending money and telling interviewers it's a game of two halves.

You're doing my main man Tim a dis-service there mate.

Thumbs up to the goalscorer? Nah, he was so much more than that.

sherwood.jpg

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He's a massive tit. As a manager, Jurgen pisses all over Fwank. And he managed to get a smaller club with less resources than derby, Mainz 05, promoted to the Bundesliga.

So the only cunt 'giving it the big one,' is you fattie.

He’s talking to Lijnders in that clip, but he does also tell Klopp to fuck off. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, dockers_strike said:

I dont get this despies Rodgers myself.

Tried his best, didn't work out, was a bit of a knob at times. He's a decent person who is getting better at what he does. Leicester would be my choice to win the league if we can't. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, No2 said:

Tried his best, didn't work out, was a bit of a knob at times. He's a decent person who is getting better at what he does. Leicester would be my choice to win the league if we can't. 

I'm fine with Leicester and Rodgers too.

Let he who is without knobbery cast the first foreskin.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

Fuck Leicester, the amount of stick they gave us when they won it a few years back and we "hadn't" (copyright Sky 1992)? Nah, I'd rather City take another soulless title as I couldn't give a shite about them.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, skaro said:

Ole, Frank, Brendan, Jose, Pep.

Is there a top 6 rival manager we don't despise?

Ancelotti, perhaps, ironically enough.

After that last derby, Ancelotti is my most hated out the lot of them. Dirty Everton cunt that he is.

• Upvote 8