You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Jul 14-20 2020)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Tuesday Jul 14:

Guardiola wants an apology and is talking as though City were exonerated of all charges. The sneaky lying bald fuck. Honestly, the fucking balls on this prick. Klopp and Mourinho had both spoken out about the CAS decision being a disgrace and Guardiola had this to say in response.

“When we lose, I shake their hands and congratulate them, all the time we have done that. So, guys, accept it.”

I can’t speak for Mourinho as he has a long standing beef with Guardiola, but Klopp has always shook his hand and congratulated him too. The absolute cheek of the cunt. I’m sure Ben Johnson shook everyone’s hand after he won too, but it doesn’t change the fact he was a cheat, just like City.

“We wanted to be here and we tried on the pitch. If you don't agree, knock on the door and speak to our chairman and chief executive, don’t go whispering.”

Wanted to be here and tried on the pitch? What does that even mean? He sounds like Boris Johnson there, just rambling. As for speaking to the chairman and chief exec, maybe he should be the one doing that if he genuinely believes they haven’t been cheating when the whole world can see they have.

There was a time when I thought he didn’t know. Not because he didn’t ‘know', but because he was like a mafia wife. She knows her husband isn’t ‘in construction’ but she doesn’t need to know what he actually does. That’s how I thought Guardiola was justifying it to himself. I don’t think that anymore. He knows. He’s up to his fucking neck in it.

“We invested a lot of money, but we did it in the right things. We're not banned, because we followed the rules for FFP as UEFA decided. If not, we’d be banned.”

You were banned!!! You were literally banned because you didn’t follow the rules. You got off on a technicality, that’s all.

“We’ve done it properly, in the right way. UEFA say we do it and we did it. If we did something wrong, we will accept the decisions, because we did something wrong.”

You did do something wrong, it was there for everyone to see in the emails. You didn’t accept the decisions though, you got your high powered lawyers to get it overturned on a technicality.

“And we have the right to defend ourselves when we believe what we have done is correct.”

Adolf Hitler believed what he was doing was correct.

“Three judges said this, so it was a good day for football, as we showed we play with the same rules as all the clubs in Europe.”

Your declared wage bill is less than Liverpool’s even though your actual wage bill is probably close to double. So no, you aren’t playing by the same rules as everyone else you duplicitous bald cunt. City were guilty as fuck and were fined £9m for it. The ban was overturned on a fucking technicality because the statute of limitations on any punishment had expired.

Yet here they are, Guardiola especially, talking about being exonerated, proving their innocence and demanding apologies. It’s bullshit, lies and propaganda and it’s straight of the Abu Dhabi PR handbook. He even protested that they can’t match United’s spending and couldn’t afford Maguire or Sanchez. Funny that, because he paid £60m for Cancelo who never fucking plays.

Proper scumbags these you know. Worse than United ever were. As much as I hate United and other clubs, I don’t want them to cease existing. City? I’d happily see them wiped off the face of football forever.

Tell you something else too, Guardiola is the biggest cunt in football because he’s fully aware of what’s going on and he’s lied through his teeth about it because he’s enjoying taking the cash from these human right abusing fuckers.

Meanwhile, Clive Tyldesley is in the news today after he posted a video complaining about ITV replacing him as their number one commentator. I like Clive and he probably should be ITV’s number one, but this shit happens all the time. Sam Matterface is younger and they probably see him as the future, so they’ve promoted him perhaps to prevent him leaving. Clive should know how this works and I’ll be honest, I was a little uncomfortable with him whining like that.

A few of the lads were discussing it in the groupchat and it kind of reminded me of this, with Clive Tyldesley as Johnny Sac and me in the Phil Leotardo role….

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

As enjoyable as ever Dave, love the weekly diary  !

I can’t agree on Bielsa, can’t stand the hype he gets. His record is terrible, he can get results on a short term basis, but he then turns crazy like at Marseille,  he quit after 2 games or in Italy he quit before the season actually started. Totally failed at Lille too where every one else has succeeded for years.

Biela is a fraud. 

• Upvote 1

Fraud! Hahaha fucking hell mate you've definitely been reading my stuff for too long as I've clearly rubbed off on you!

He plays good football and seems like a down to earth, decent human being.

You're talking about him like he's Tim Sherwood!

Has he offended you in some way. Let me guess, he said Zidane wasn't all that, didn't he?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, dave u said:

Fraud! Hahaha fucking hell mate you've definitely been reading my stuff for too long as I've clearly rubbed off on you!

He plays good football and seems like a down to earth, decent human being.

You're talking about him like he's Tim Sherwood!

Has he offended you in some way. Let me guess, he said Zidane wasn't all that, didn't he?

Ah ha, not Zidane biggest fan, he was just outstanding.

Never underestimate your influence on your public, Dave. You’ll be surprised how well-known your are in Frogland ....

Bielsa is a very good coach obviously, but he’s a crazy person. If a little something goes wrong, he could just loose his head. 

And he’s won fuck all fur years. Un imposteur as we say down here !

21 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Ah ha, not Zidane biggest fan, he was just outstanding.

Never underestimate your influence on your public, Dave. You’ll be surprised how well-known your are in Frogland ....

Bielsa is a very good coach obviously, but he’s a crazy person. If a little something goes wrong, he could just loose his head. 

And he’s won fuck all fur years. Un imposteur as we say down here !

Being crazy is part of why he's so well liked. He's a bit of a mad scientist type. I like him. 

Good to see you using 'Zidane' and 'un imposteur' in the same post too. Very fitting!

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic