You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia Report

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

At this point I cant see anything from outside bringing this government down. Politicians have got onto the fact that the general public's attention span is basically from one episode of Love Island to the next, and you can ride anything out.

Starmer will probably do well at PMQs with this report,  but the massive amount of people thicker than the red wall who think ' Boris is a laugh ' will sleepwalk onward.

Every time they mention the report refer to him as Red Johnno, and point out that Boris is a traditional Russian name. 

5 hours ago, Numero said:

Hold on, if the Russians interfered with it, then people didn't vote democratically - and given how close it was, it might have been entirely pivotal. You might not feel comfortable with revisiting it, but quite frankly I don't care about your comfort when it comes to international security from tampering in my democratic elections. 

If the last GE didn’t hammer home the fact that the people of this country want out of the EU then I don’t know what will.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

All politicians are, it’s what they do, they’re all full of shit.

No, many are liars, many are only in it for themselves.  Not many are out and out corrupt, not even all Tories, but mainly the ones in charge of the country right now.  More than ever.

8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

If the last GE didn’t hammer home the fact that the people of this country want out of the EU then I don’t know what will.

Because democracy has been subverted, I'd guess that was his point.

Just now, Moo said:

No, many are liars, many are only in it for themselves.  Not many are out and out corrupt, not even all Tories, but mainly the ones in charge of the country right now.  More than ever.

Disagree, I’ve known quite a few, even “man of the people” types. Gobshites all

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

I voted for remain, but once they decided to put it to the people to decide, then they had to deliver the result. The people voted to leave the EU. There’s an existing template of a prosperous European country outside of the EU e.g., Norway or Switzerland. You would’ve thought surely that should’ve been the aim. I had hoped that Corbyn would recognise that, but unfortunately he decided to go against the result of the referendum by backing “People’s Vote”, and that ultimately killed him IMO (not literally).

You make some valid points there. Also although the eu vote was close I'm not sure russian interference swayed a million odd votes.

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You make some valid points there. Also although the eu vote was close I'm not sure russian interference swayed a million odd votes.

Who knows but May knew all about it and did nothing and fought tooth and nail to avoid a second vote 

4 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

This is perfect for the Conservative party no? It allows them to kick it into the long grass for another couple of years while still receiving wads of cash from Russian oligarchs.

Quite handy for the press, too, who are far more responsible for Brexit than fucking Putin is.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Remainers (and I am one believe it or not) simply will not accept the people’s decision to leave the EU, it’s incredibly futile and damaging.

Probably not quite as futile or damaging as leaving the EU though.

5 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Quite handy for the press, too, who had far more to do with Brexit than fucking Putin did.

Agreed, supine as fuck that lot. Correction, if you exclude harassing anyone to the left of Chris Leslie where suddenly they imitate a gang of flagelants undertaking human wave attacks in their ferocity.

1 minute ago, Moctezuma said:

Agreed, supine as fuck that lot. Correction, if you exclude harassing anyone to the left of Chris Leslie where suddenly they imitate a gang of flagelants undertaking human wave attacks in their ferocity.

Remember when Anna Soubry was being called The Real Opposition for actually voting with the government? Great times. But those Russian Twitter bots, eh, they're the real source of misinformation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Point stands though

No, it doesn't

If they were remotely interested in getting Remainers onboard then they should have remained in the CU and SM like Norway and it would have been done by now with a minimum of fuss

Mook is fucking spot on

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

NORWAY AND SWITZERLAND ARE STILL IN THE EU COMMON MARKET. WE WILL NOT BE.

That should’ve been the aim IMO. It was a binary choice whether to leave or remain in the EU. The politicians had ample opportunity to define and sell a vision their own vision of Brexit. For example, Labour IMO should have just accepted the result and owned it, and defined it as “we will leave the EU but remain in the single market (or the customs union)”.