You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirty Leeds

Section_31

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Still, happy days though eh?

Tbh I thought it was 3-1. Ferdinand og Heskey and Owen bagged one each? 

Edit: Hang on, that was the league. Same season I think. I was at the game. Fowler's first game against us. 

That was the 0-4 game you're thinking about? I was at that, some liverpool fans booing and goading Fowler. Gobshites. It caused a few arguments in the away end.

The only thing that really pops into my mind when I think of Leeds is that massive stand of theirs in Elland Road. 

I was at the game where Paddy banged one in from half way out and the ref appeared to celebrate it. Think that was against Leeds.  Was also at the game they beat us towards the end of the season and CL qualification looked iffy. I know I nearly got kicked out of the ground for calling them a bunch of fucking Yorkshire poofs.  

On 18/07/2020 at 15:32, dockers_strike said:

One of the last league games they played at Anfield, I timed them how long after kick off it was before they broke out into their 'stand up if you hate man u' chant.

All of 24 seconds. Sums them up, like everton, always bothered about someone else.

Wools

I know a few leeds fans and I’m happy enough for the ones I know. The problem is all the ones I don’t know, they’re mostly awful to talk about football with, and love to talk about Leeds. Over and over and over again.

at least there pubs here will no longer be showing some rubbish championship game when I’m out trying to watch us.

I'm glad for my mates who are genuine normal fans that they are up but they have such a load of nobheads who jump on the bandwagon; however, I do wonder if that's just cos I live here I notice it more.

That being said their claim of being "Champions of Europe" because they were robbed and never lost it is the most Everton thing ever

They’ve already started talking shit, Viduka is going to get us again apparently. 

20 years ago. We won 3 trophies, knocked them out the FA Cup on the way to Cardiff & finished above them in the CL, which sent them into a tailspin they’ll never recover from...

....”Yeah, but Viduka’s gonna get ya”.

• Upvote 1

On 18/07/2020 at 13:27, Bjornebye said:

Cant stand them. Genuinely fucking hate them. That said, they are a massive club and should be in the premier league. Looking forward to us putting 20 past them at Anfield next season. The fucking wools. 

One club city in one of the biggest Cities in England yet their crowds down the years actually not that high even in comparison to likes of Man City.

Won 5 major domestic trophies in their entire history and 2 minor European ones.

3 Titles

1 FA Cup

1 League Cup

Spent more or less half of their history outside of the top flight.

Massive club my arse.

Easily the most over hyped club in the land.

This. They have gone about being such a massive club but are going on as if they have won the premier League. Fair fucks to them for supporting their team but they didn't even open some of their stadium early season. Coupled with the fact I'm getting shit off "fans" who wanted Bielsa out after the Villa game last year and I defended him but now he is better than Klopp 

Like I say not the proper fans who are ok just a lot who come out of the wordwork 

Even when Leeds were flying high, the last time they were in the Prem, they were subsidising tickets to fill the Ground. I used to sort some out most weeks for a few mates as I could get them through my employer at the time. 

Don’t doubt they’ll fill it next season but it won’t take long for them to turn against the team if it starts going wrong. 

Not only do they benefit from being in a one club city, but it must be one of the largest catchment areas for any club in the country.

They have more than their fair share of complete fuckwits, a few decent ones but it’s the ones in the middle that really annoy me.

Generally, nice people until they start talking about Leeds.

They then show themselves to be brainwashed to the extent that they’re incapable of believing anything other than their club is the greatest, they have the best fans, the rest of football is jealous of them/loves them/hates them (whichever works best for whatever nonsensical point they happen to be making), all match officials are corrupt against Leeds, they are the reigning champions of Europe forever and ever, they’re the hardest, they have the best ground, floodlights, pies and grass and so on and so on. 

I’m not fond of Leeds. 

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Even when Leeds were flying high, the last time they were in the Prem, they were subsidising tickets to fill the Ground. I used to sort some out most weeks for a few mates as I could get them through my employer at the time. 

Don’t doubt they’ll fill it next season but it won’t take long for them to turn against the team if at starts going wrong. 

Not only do they benefit from being in a one club city, but it must be one of the largest catchment areas for any club in the country.

They have more than their fair share of complete fuckwits, a few decent ones but it’s the ones in the middle that really annoy me.

Generally, nice people until they start talking about Leeds.

They then show themselves to be brainwashed to the extent that they’re incapable of believing anything other than their club is the greatest, they have the best fans, the rest of football is jealous of them/loves them/hates them (whichever works best for whatever nonsensical point they happen to be making), all match officials are corrupt against Leeds, they are the reigning champions of Europe forever and ever, they’re the hardest, they have the best ground, floodlights, pies and grass and so on and so on. 

I’m not fond of Leeds. 

Haha I forgot about their highest floodlights in Europe claim, they are pure Everton.

Your post is spot on though, have a pint at @Redder Lurtz bar sometime free drink for every Liverpool fan is what I think he told me

• Upvote 1

They always bang on about how great their support is on these Facebook and Twitter away day pages. There's a running joke on there if a lower league team fills their allocation they always say "Leeds would have took more". 

Then it came to light that they hadn't opened the top tier of that large stand all season and only did it because they were playing Newcastle in a Championship decider near the end of the season. 

That game at Anfield was strange in the League Cup. They only sung 3 songs:

I'm Leeds til I die

Where's ya famous atmosphere?

Stand up if you hate Man U

All making out they were this hardcore support on a par with some South American ultras, when really most of them were just gegs who were made up to draw a big team away and get smashed on a coach all afternoon. They just reminded me of the Exeter, Plymouth and Mansfield fans who we have played recently, just a load of Soccer AM knobheads made up to go on a big day out.

• Upvote 2

My uncle is a huge Leeds fan, who travels from Exeter... so I’m rapt for him. A lot of my high school buddies are Leeds United fans due to the antipodean contingent back in the day; Kewell, Viduka, Jacob Burns, so yeah I’m happy for them. David O’Leary got them playing an exciting brand of footy, so I didn’t mind watching their games. I never realised there was a huge rivalry between Liverpool and Leeds until I joined this forum tbh.