You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Game against Chelsea will be a special moment in all of our lives

TLW

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool will have a extra sense of purpose as they look to correct a mini blip of form and end the season in a positive fashion next Wednesday evening at Anfield.

The Reds produced an uncharacteristically sloppy defensive display against Arsenal with mistakes by Virgil Van Dijk and Alisson gift wrapping both goals for Alexander Lacazette and Reiss Nelson.

The North London outfit offered precious little in an attacking sense throughout the rest of the contest and had Liverpool had been on their A game, the scoreline could have been anything.

But the truth of the matter was the champions were sloppy on the ball with countless missed passes and wasted opportunities in the final third.

After the frustrating draw against Burnley where the team did play well, many felt the Reds would put this beleaguered Gunners outfit to the sword.

The fact that it didn’t happen left many connected to the club extremely frustrated and you sense if given the opportunity, Klopp and the players would have thrived on then opportunity to play another 90 minutes on the spot.

Jurgen.Klopp-711.jpg

As is his way, Klopp did not look to dwell on the negatives, instead casting his mind to next Wednesday’s clash with Chelsea and highlighted what a special occasion it will be as the Echo reported.

“We have all been waiting ages, some of us 30 years, and we will finally get this Premier League trophy and it will be a big moment for all of us and our families,” said the Reds boss. “That’s 100%.

“Before that, we have to play a game. For five millions reasons, we will try to win it.

“I have had this situation twice in my life where we have got the trophy on the day.

“It will be difficult, especially when the other team is Chelsea and they are fighting with all they have to get in the Champions League.”

Despite the opponent, Klopp is confident that they play to their optimum level, they will be able to celebrate the moment in fitting style.

“I saw tonight that my boys want to win it. They made two wrong decisions, but they wanted to win the game.

“I don’t think I ever played a game with 24 to three shots against Arsenal, I can’t remember that. There are a lot of goals usually when we play against each other, but not that many tonight – at least on our side. But that dominance we never had before, I can’t remember it at least. So I’m happy about that.

"They made two wrong decisions, but they wanted to win the game.

“And that’s what will happen next week, 100%. We will try with everything we have to win the game.”

9 hours ago, TLW said:

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool will have a extra sense of purpose as they look to correct a mini blip of form and end the season in a positive fashion next Wednesday evening at Anfield.

The Reds produced an uncharacteristically sloppy defensive display against Arsenal with mistakes by Virgil Van Dijk and Alisson gift wrapping both goals for Alexander Lacazette and Reiss Nelson.

The North London outfit offered precious little in an attacking sense throughout the rest of the contest and had Liverpool had been on their A game, the scoreline could have been anything.

But the truth of the matter was the champions were sloppy on the ball with countless missed passes and wasted opportunities in the final third.

After the frustrating draw against Burnley where the team did play well, many felt the Reds would put this beleaguered Gunners outfit to the sword.

The fact that it didn’t happen left many connected to the club extremely frustrated and you sense if given the opportunity, Klopp and the players would have thrived on then opportunity to play another 90 minutes on the spot.

Jurgen.Klopp-711.jpg

As is his way, Klopp did not look to dwell on the negatives, instead casting his mind to next Wednesday’s clash with Chelsea and highlighted what a special occasion it will be as the Echo reported.

“We have all been waiting ages, some of us 30 years, and we will finally get this Premier League trophy and it will be a big moment for all of us and our families,” said the Reds boss. “That’s 100%.

“Before that, we have to play a game. For five millions reasons, we will try to win it.

“I have had this situation twice in my life where we have got the trophy on the day.

“It will be difficult, especially when the other team is Chelsea and they are fighting with all they have to get in the Champions League.”

Despite the opponent, Klopp is confident that they play to their optimum level, they will be able to celebrate the moment in fitting style.

“I saw tonight that my boys want to win it. They made two wrong decisions, but they wanted to win the game.

“I don’t think I ever played a game with 24 to three shots against Arsenal, I can’t remember that. There are a lot of goals usually when we play against each other, but not that many tonight – at least on our side. But that dominance we never had before, I can’t remember it at least. So I’m happy about that.

"They made two wrong decisions, but they wanted to win the game.

“And that’s what will happen next week, 100%. We will try with everything we have to win the game.”

View full article

We'll get snotted.