You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) - Premier League Champions - 22/7/20 - 20:15

Bjornebye

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Did Frank really congratulate Liverpool for winning the title and then tell them not to ‘get cocky’?

From a man who was managed by Mourinho???

Yep. Told the most successful club in English football, the reigning European and World club champions and one of the 3 traditional European powerhouses not to 'get cocky'. 

I actually haven't minded him this season tbh. He's a decent manager and seems an alright fella, but he can fuck off with that. 

• Upvote 1

For those creaming themselves over Pulisic remember he has been there since Jan 2019 . Yeah he is a decent player /prospect but imagine the critics on this forum if it took Mane or Salah that length of time to produce decent consistent performances. For me he no better than Zaha obvious talent flashes of in game brilliance  and inconsistent. We are truly blessed with the consistent performances and workrate of our two wide front men. 

2 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

For those creaming themselves over Pulisic remember he has been there since Jan 2019 . Yeah he is a decent player /prospect but imagine the critics on this forum if it took Mane or Salah that length of time to produce decent consistent performances. For me he no better than Zaha obvious talent flashes of in game brilliance  and inconsistent. We are truly blessed with the consistent performances and workrate of our two wide front men. 

Salah can be pretty inconsistent from game to game. But thankfully when he's on it, it makes up for when he's not.

20 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

He's 21. He's clearly fucking good.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

He was loaned back to Dortmund until the start of this season. I think, particularly given his age, he’s made a very good start. With that said, there have been countless 21 year-olds who look like they might develop into truly elite players only to never find that little bit extra and slide back into the pack as a result.

55 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He's 21. He's clearly fucking good.

Absolutely no doubt about that plus he seems very level headed not wanting to come across sour grapes that we didn't bid for him prefer to judge his performances over the season rather than half hour cameo. Frank has omitted him for large parts of this season after a promising start maybe it's good man management for the future .

People are always telling me that Drogba is an humanitarian. That he's doing so much good in the Ivory coast and yeah, maybe he is. But Sami and Carragher are my favourite defenders ever, and I will always think he is a cunt for how good he was against them, every single time.

4 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

People are always telling me that Drogba is an humanitarian. That he's doing so much good in the Ivory coast and yeah, maybe he is. But Sami and Carragher are my favourite defenders ever, and I will always think he is a cunt for how good he was against them, every single time.

The goal were he backs into Carragher and then spins and volleys it in ?  Makes me wince at the thought of it also.

13 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

The goal were he backs into Carragher and then spins and volleys it in ?  Makes me wince at the thought of it also.

I will never get over the 4-1 at Anfield. 

Sami had the flu that day and Drogba just absolutely humiliated him. 

He could cure cancer and I would still think he was an absolute cunt.

47 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Pulisic took his goal well. But come on, our defending on all 3 of their goals last night was the stuff of pre Jurgen and post until we bought Virgil. I thought our defending was comical last night and not just for the goals either.

cannot understand why Fab didnt clean him out was he nursing a yellow ?

2 hours ago, clockspeed said:

cannot understand why Fab didnt clean him out was he nursing a yellow ?

Either Fab or Gomez should have blocked him like they were doing all night. Sometimes we're a bit too nice.