You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) - Premier League Champions - 22/7/20 - 20:15

Bjornebye

No acronyms. No motivational codswallop.

I don't ask for much.

But I am asking for it here. We have been unbeaten in the league at home for the past 3 seasons, and I don't want that to slip here (I'm using that term deliberately, given the opponents). I'm already disappointed that we lost the 100% record at the weekend.

I really hope the players can regroup and focus on the task at hand, which is putting on a performance worthy of champions and getting all 3 points. I don't want the distraction of the trophy mounted on a plinth on the Kop before the game, with lights trained on it throughout the game, the commentators constantly droning on about it and the cameramen constantly showing it during the game. There's a reason why we will be lifting that trophy, and the team have to get back to showing why. If Sky want all that razzmatazz shit, just get the groundstaff to cover it with one of those giant banners. We aren't here to serve up Sky Generation bollocks so fuck them. We're here to get 3 points. Something we've been ridiculously good at for most of the season.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I may be in the minority here but I'd play all the players (barring injury) who landed us this title. This will be the game where we lift that trophy we've been yearning to get our hands on for the last 30 seasons. Let those who achieved that start the game, we can experiment against Newcastle. Let us enjoy the moment and hope that the lads give us one more exceptional performance and hopefully dent Chelsea's push for a top 4 finish. It makes even more sense when Jürgen has 5 subs at his disposal. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Who fucking cares? The players don't so why should I? Play the under-15's, get beat 12-0, lift the trophy, yadda yadda yadda! Rinse and repeat against Newcastle apart from the trophy bit!

You'll never be happy***, move on and follow Rugby league or something else. 

*** Unless we lose a game or two at the beginning of next season, then you'll be in your element. 

Each to their own and all that, but I'm seriously baffled as why you actually bother watching the game, let alone claiming to be a red. How on earth you can be so miserable after the team you claim to follow has lifted the title after 30 years is beyond me, maybe's you are an Everton tit. 

6 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

You'll never be happy***, move on and follow Rugby league or something else. 

*** Unless we lose a game or two at the beginning of next season, then you'll be in your element. 

Each to their own and all that, but I'm seriously baffled as why you actually bother watching the game, let alone claiming to be a red. How on earth you can be so miserable after the team you claim to follow has lifted the title after 30 years is beyond me, maybe's you are an Everton tit. 

Fuck off! What? If everything isn't sunshine and rainbows I'm a blue? It's an old boring argument and I'm sick to the back fucking teeth of it! I've stated it before, Liverpool were my whole life until my mid-20's. I went the game, I knew every stat, it was my only topic of conversation most of the time (at times it was the only thing that kept me and my old fella talking when we were having run ins)!

All I've heard for ages is mentality monsters etc. The mentality monsters were just mental last night!

I'll deal with events my way, you deal with them your way! I wanted us to stamp records all over Peps baldy twat head, but the players obviously couldn't be fucking arsed so why should I be? Once the title was won they should have played the kids and the fringe players, even stick Lonergan in goal! They couldn't have done a much worse job than the first team!

• Downvote 2

Before the narrative that we were shit or couldn't be fucking arsed becomes set , I cant imagine that any Liverpool team has gone to Highbury / Emirates in the last 100+ years and had 70% possession and 24 shots to their 3. Were we guilty of 2 horrific errors ? , certainly , were we profligate again in front of goal ? , certainly , were we not fucking arsed ? , not in any way.

• Upvote 2

Now that the records are all gone I don't care if we win or loose. The season is well and truly over for me. The Chelsea match is the first 20-21 presason match as far as I'm concerned. Hope to see Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot playing. Would also like to see Minamino and Keita getting some time on the pitch.

I obviously don't want to help Chelsea into the CL. Then again if it's on the expence of Man Utd I couldn't care less.