You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Jul 7-13 2020)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Tuesday Jul 7:

There’s some talk today that the club are looking at ways of getting fans back into Anfield asap. I expect this to happen sooner rather than later as there are countries around Europe that are playing in front of reduced crowds. I’m desperate to go the game again but don’t know if I’d go yet to be honest.

Currently I’m fine as I’ve had the virus and have the antibodies, but no-one seems to know how long those antibodies will keep you protected. I caught the thing at the Atletico match and passed it on to my wife and daughter. Not sure I can really justify going back and putting us all at risk again until we know it’s 100% safe.

Realistically there’s no way it can be 100% safe as there are so many variables involved. It has to happen though because clubs need the money. Even the big clubs can’t go on indefinitely like this, but the smaller ones simply have to get fans back in or they’ll go under. Such a fucked up situation this and it’s scary really when you think about it. I mean what’s to stop something like this happening again, only next time it might be an even more severe virus.

My Dad has already decided he’s giving it up so the days of us going the game together are over now. I don’t blame him and at least he’s going out with us on top, but it’s pretty fucking upsetting really. All because some dirty bastard ate some bat soup.

If you believe that’s what caused it of course. I’m not convinced but ultimately what the fuck do I know about it? Joe Public will never know what caused it. All I know is the people in power throughout the world are generally all unscrupulous, untrustworthy cunts so with that in mind I wouldn’t rule anything out.

Anyway, back to footy and Klopp is asked about Brewster’s future and whether he’ll be a part of the squad next season. Typically he gave nothing away and said that any decision would be discussed with Brewster first rather than in a press conference. He’d done alright at Swansea but is he anywhere near at a level where he’s a viable option for our front three? Not for me, Clive.

Put it this way, he’s no Mason Greenwood is he? That’s not to say he won’t be a top player in the future but he’s definitely not the prodigy that he was billed as a couple of years ago. I think he’ll be loaned out again but if we were to sell Origi then maybe he’d be kept around. The only thing is, you couldn’t play him wide as it wouldn’t be fair. He’s a centre forward, pure and simple. Mind you, it hasn’t stopped Klopp from shoehorning Divock out there has it?

Also today, PSG are said be willing to pay £100m for Rashford. It’s probably bollocks but don’t be surprised to see PSG, City and Chelsea throwing the cash around this summer like Harry and Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber when they got the briefcase open.

Wednesday Jul 8:

Brighton 1 L 3 Bit of a weird game this. We started like an express train and it looked like we might run away with it. Then it just sort of fizzled out and Brighton got on top. When they equalised it wasn’t a shock. They could have equalised too but Burn fluffed his lines. We tend to be good at weathering the storms though and we cam through it comfortably enough in the end.

Keita’s performance was a delight. Very encouraging. Mo was brilliant too. Mixed night for Neco though. I thought he played well but he was left isolated with the lively Lamptey (my boy) too often and a couple of times he got done. The yellow card was really harsh but as soon as that happened he was always getting subbed as Klopp often errs on the side of caution in these situations, and rightly so. Still, he did alright and it's encouraging that he can be an option on the left as well as the right.

Didn't look good for Hendo though. Worrying seeing him go off like that, and apparently the dressing room was really subdued afterwards. Klopp said he went in and was saying to them that it's hard winning away from home and they should be enjoying it. Then he saw Hendo and realised why the lads were so down.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

I would suggest Gerard Houlier is bugging himself up like he always does.

Never forget when he was appointed that he had "a book of contacts" that was second to none(or words to that effect) fuck me, he signed some shite with that book.

Sorry to hear about your Dad jibbing it, comes to us all eventually. 

It won't take long for him to realise he doesn't miss it, well it didn't for me.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that your Dad won't be going again Dave, probably sensible but sad all the same. I have a distant memory of him with the fanzine before realising that the actual Editor sat in front of me in the main stand. Must be 20 plus years ago,wow. Say hello to him from me.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic