Quantcast
Arsenal (A) Premier League - 15/7/20 - 20:15 - Page 21 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Arsenal (A) Premier League - 15/7/20 - 20:15

Recommended Posts

We've needed options upfront off the bench since Klopp arrived at the club.  Having to use Sturridge, Origi and Solanke when none of them were ever close to being useful. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Code said:


Henderson is out injured, one of the reasons we lost last night and only got a draw against Burnley.

 

We desperatly need another option than Origi up front, totally agree.

True , Origi comes good once or twice a season in clutch situations. Most of the time he's ineffective.  

Mad we didn't sign Werner , it really did strike a bum note after the euphoria of winning the title. Thought Minamino looked ok last night but be surprised if he turns out to be that much of an upgrade on Origi coming from the bench. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning after the night before. Still livid at the mistakes that cost us the game. I know some will disagree with me but Ive always said you dont put your own keeper under pressure. Alli will be pissed an opportunity to keep another clean sheet was tossed away carelessly and needlessly.

 

Just because, in my opinion, both van Dijk and Robbo made the mistakes, doesnt mean they played shit either. The players, all of them, have achieved what I wanted and that was ending the title drought. Sure, points totals, retaining the CL and winning a minor cup would have been the icing on the cake.  Im not saying Im not bothered, I am but Im also a realist / pragmatist.

 

Im seeing people going on about retaining the title next season is a 'must' and some kind of disaster if we dont. Nope, again in my opinion, it will not.

 

As for the game last night, we should have blown arsenal away. Similar to the Burnley game, we had many more chances than the oppos but failed to take them. Bobby's luck continues to desert him. You just know if those spawny cunts rashford, greenwood, sterling, kane etc had of blocked that keeper's clearance, it would have trickled into the net. Well, maybe not but the thought makes me feel a bit better for Bobby!

 

I know Mo had an exceptional first season for us but I just wished he had that season again. He doesnt seem to gamble on the ball much. He had two glorious chances, one where he had to dig it out and the keeper saved and another header he didnt anticipate which resulted in a tame finish. Perhaps a bit harsh on Mo but there you go.

 

Sadio loves playing against arsenal, doesnt he? He nearly always scores against them. It was easy to see the only way arsenal were scoring last night was going to be down to a mistake from our players or the officials. arsenal were toothless and if any gooners think the result  is a turning point for them, they're more deluded than that lot over the park.

 

Forgot to add, tyler is still a cunt commentator. Yeah, celebrate your summarisor playing for arsenal winning the title. How long since they last won it? Celebrate that, cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Oh Jesus 

 

To be clear, we've had an excellent season, but I lost count of the number of games where we'd waste bucket fulls of chances and be on the edge of our seat until the last minutes when we could have been out of sight. It's not compatible with my anxiety.

 

Can't complain overall like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, I see arsenal are whinging Trent didnt get a red card for his tackle with that Saka last night. I thought he made it look worse than it was. Yes, he did just catch him on the shin but a red? Fuck off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The drop in form in the league was fully expected by me, we would not be dropping points if it wasn’t run. Foot off the pedal, it happens rightly or wrongly.

Regarding new players as we now they’re crying poverty but a few sales and a few shrew purchases can help us, we may have to think frees, loans or the odd short term Arl arse. Things have conspired against us and virtually everyone else, people are still dying. We have got the league drought off our back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Jesus, I see arsenal are whinging Trent didnt get a red card for his tackle with that Saka last night. I thought he made it look worse than it was. Yes, he did just catch him on the shin but a red? Fuck off.

Arsenal were very ‘Arsenal’ last night, despite the fact that it was a dead rubber. Going down under minimal contact (that Saka is already a fully fledged Arsenal hit-the-deck-er), kicking the  ball away, time wasting etc. That Ceballos, Poundland Ozil, needs a good punch in the face, that mid-air jump into Minamino was real shithouse stuff. (I shouldn’t be so pissed off, we’re Champions ffs.... just can’t help myself)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firmino and Salah looked absolutely burnt out, the front 3 have played 50+ games as season past 3 years. They virtually never miss a game, we 100% need a 4th option, missing out on Werner was disastrous. We need to make at least 2 signings this summer but in my heart of hearts I know we’ll do fuck all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how Henderson would have prevented the VVD and Alisson debacles yesterday, or resolved our pedestrian and careless approach to attacking.  We have to have better options to replace out of form players, or for when the opposition has worked us out.  

 

What do you think of Keita?  If I was Klopp I'd be telling him to run at goal with the ball more often, even if he will lose it more.  We need something to break down stubborn 10 man defences

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I'm not sure how Henderson would have prevented the VVD and Alisson debacles yesterday, or resolved our pedestrian and careless approach to attacking.  We have to have better options to replace out of form players, or for when the opposition has worked us out.  

 

What do you think of Keita?  If I was Klopp I'd be telling him to run at goal with the ball more often, even if he will lose it more.  We need something to break down stubborn 10 man defences

 

No, I dont think Hendo could have stopped Virgil and Robbo's errors. And sorry to bang on but Robbo shouldnt be throwing the ball back to the keeper from where he did but, whatever.  But Im pretty certain Hendo would have injected a bit more 'gumption' into some players in the last 2 games.

 

Naby continues to blow hot and cold for me. Im desparate for the lad to look great here but it doesnt seem to be happening even if there's the occasional glimps. It must be hard for the lad especially when you're coming on in a game where the rest of the team isnt fully on blob. I just want him to either create goalscoring chances for others or bang a few in himself. And by a few, I mean 8 to 10 a season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Firmino and Salah looked absolutely burnt out, the front 3 have played 50+ games as season past 3 years. They virtually never miss a game, we 100% need a 4th option, missing out on Werner was disastrous. We need to make at least 2 signings this summer but in my heart of hearts I know we’ll do fuck all.


Yep. A team of our standing should have an alternative closer to Aubameyang than Origi. Giving Southampton the chance to buy Ings for £20m looks like a rare misstep if no-one comes into the squad this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:


Yep. A team of our standing should have an alternative closer to Aubameyang than Origi. Giving Southampton the chance to buy Ings for £20m looks like a rare misstep if no-one comes into the squad this summer.

Ings would not remotely be the same player fighting for a couple sub appearances here as he has become at Southampton with regular game time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

enjoy the rest of this season because if we stand still in the transfer market and we lose 1 or 2 of the front 3 for any length of time we will be screwed.I struggle to understand with a relatively quiet 18 months in the transfer market why we cant afford it.Champions of europe world club champions and PL champions along with CL final and PL runners up last season plus all these sponsors whats going on ? 

 

yes theres covid but surely its not taken every penny 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ings would not remotely be the same player fighting for a couple sub appearances here as he has become at Southampton with regular game time. 

Yea, different system as well.

I think the same will hold true for Wilson - he would be better at another(smaller) club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andyj said:

enjoy the rest of this season because if we stand still in the transfer market and we lose 1 or 2 of the front 3 for any length of time we will be screwed.I struggle to understand with a relatively quiet 18 months in the transfer market why we cant afford it.Champions of europe world club champions and PL champions along with CL final and PL runners up last season plus all these sponsors whats going on ? 

 

yes theres covid but surely its not taken every penny 

The owners will be shitting themselves that if there's a second wave hitting income again, they might actually have to cough up a few quid. 

 

They won't give two fucks about us not winning the league next year as long as stay in the top four.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aw Geez said:

 

To be clear, we've had an excellent season, but I lost count of the number of games where we'd waste bucket fulls of chances and be on the edge of our seat until the last minutes when we could have been out of sight. It's not compatible with my anxiety.

 

Can't complain overall like.

Fair play. I see where you’re coming from. But to have won it about 25 points clear, and be moaning about the fact the opposition made a game of it every now and then?! 

I see the point, I agree we need a new approach sometimes to break teams down, hopefully that can be Keita.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Shaqiri is a useful player, but fuck knows what’s gone on there.

He plays like he doesn’t to be involved. Maybe it’s the way they are brought up in Switzerland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaq Attack nets the ball, showing how it’s done.

 

the 2nd leg Barca game showed us we do have the squad. A lot of our performances  in my opinion, are down to empty stadiums. 
 

The synergy of passion in the stands (from both sides) makes the team try harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×