Quantcast
Arsenal (A) Premier League - 15/7/20 - 20:15 - Page 18 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Arsenal (A) Premier League - 15/7/20 - 20:15

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Would have been nice to keep winning for the points record but in the grand scheme of things I'm not arsed.  We've done it when it really mattered. 

Champions lads. 

This.

I never was that arsed about the points record (although it would have been nice). I was much more gutted about going out of the FA Cup and the Champions League.  If we still had something to play for, the end of this season wouldn't feel like a party you should have left an hour ago. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Mark M said:

All I kept seeing online from the Keita fanboys how the game was crying out for him - giving out how our best midfielder didn’t start. He came on and offered the square root of sweet fuck all.

salah against Burnley & tonight has been very wasteful. 

Yet still manged to offer more than Ox. That's not saying much though for either of them.

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

All I kept seeing online from the Keita fanboys how the game was crying out for him - giving out how our best midfielder didn’t start. He came on and offered the square root of sweet fuck all.

Yup Kieta has really failed to shine.  Oxocube has always been completely fucking shite with the odd goal masking it, meaning there's zero depth in this side at all beyond the first XI and they're burnt out.   Have been before the break too as fluking league wins and going out of the European cup to a shite Atletico side shown.

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

We have looked a little bit void of imagination and creativity in the final third for quite a while. Were champions hard to complain. No fucking idea of brains at the beach or we genuinely have just hit complacency. I've said it so many times this squad needs a quality injection to maintain the excellence its achieved. Standing still is going backwards. 

Yep. I don’t think it’s essential that we fork out for mega-money, guaranteed starters but a fair outlay on a couple of players who can step in without inducing a sinking feeling when form dips or injury hits would be welcome. This isn’t the youngest squad either, so standing completely still doesn’t bode well for a prolonged stint at the top.

• Upvote 1

The boys left for the beach some time ago. Just end the season now and give us the trophy.

Two very, very poor decisions by players who should know better and sold the keeper out on both occasions. You never put your own keeper under pressure. End of. But we did and paid for it.

Hope Jurgen gives them a fucking bollocking after that shit show. The only way arsenal were ever going to get back into that game was via a mistake. And the only way they were going to get a winner was via another mistake. After that, they were just going to sit deep and see how many more mistakes we made.

Just looking forward to the trophy lift and next season now.

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

No pressure in setting premier league records or retaining our European cup when facing a bang average Atletico side then?  

Who gives a shit about the record? This team blew everyone out the water, including oil cheats. 

Atletico are a great team, and we played really well

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mark M said:

He did bits, he did ok, he’s just a nothing player really. How the fuck he got the reputation he had I’ll never know.

8 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

About 20% of this forum has webbed feet

This will come as a shock to you, but you are not 20% of this forum. More like 5.34%.

Guest Pistonbroke

Lazy performance and the less said about the lapses at the back the better. Despite dominating in all aspects of the game I doubt any of our players left 2nd gear, the hunger has gone after winning the title and they seem to be saving themselves for what is to come next season, probably more noticeable in the final third where nobody was busting a gut to get at a wank Arsenal defence. It would have been nice to break the 100 point mark, but in the big scheme of things it really isn't as bad as some are suggesting as far as next season goes and we've done all the hard work where and when it counted. I guess some people like to have a whinge without looking at the context of this game and what went before. We are champions and we shouldn't let a bad performance in a meaningless game detract from that fact. 

Look at that sad cunt Arteta at the end, he was acting like they'd just won an important game and was pumped, you'll be sacked in 6 months you utter cock. 

Give the lads who won us the title the chance to give us one more memorable performance this season against Chelsea, they all deserve to be part of the starting 11 on the day we lift the trophy, gutted that Henderson will only be there as club captain and not part of the squad, although I'd stick him on the bench so he can wear his kit personally. We can approach the game V Newcastle with a totally 2nd string team. 

I'm more annoyed we didn't play more second string players since Palace, especially for some of our youngsters like Elliott.

I never gave a flying fuck about the points record and can't blame the players for not really giving a fuck after 2 seasons of relentless football and an incredible points haul.

Mane is a beast. Never stopped.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Who gives a shit about the record? This team blew everyone out the water, including oil cheats. 

Atletico are a great team, and we played really well

Me and quite a few other Liverpool fans and Atletico are a pretty fucking shite side that pale in comparison to Simeone's better teams.  We flunked that completely.

33 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I really enjoy the record of over 3 years without losing a league game in which we've led. This is shaping up to be a really fucking stupid way to end that run.

Fuck it.

If it's another three years before we lose a league game from a leading position, then I'll be happy. 

1 minute ago, John102 said:

We twatted Atletico across the two legs. We would have been through if it wasnt for Adrian.

We have shit the bed with the points total though.

Would have been through if we took our chances which has been a common theme this season.

Fucking hell, reading this thread and it's like we've blown the league title. Get a grip, the title was won 5 matches ago. They've been absolute beasts for 2 seasons, a drop in form after winning the title was bound to happen. They all probably want to be on the beach somewhere, knee deep in fanny, not playing in empty stadiums.

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

We twatted Atletico across the two legs. We would have been through if it wasnt for Adrian.

We have shit the bed with the points total though.

Twatted them so badly that one mistake from the keeper seen us out. 

Nope. 

Really disappointed about not hitting the points record, we were in a position to completely smash it, a position we may never be in again, they owed it to us to give everything they could to get it. 

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Me and quite a few other Liverpool fans and Atletico are a pretty fucking shite side that pale in comparison to Simeone's better teams.  We flunked that completely.

Down to Adrian mate. Terrible mistakes.

i agree it’s a massive shame but next season we will probably win the CL AND LEAGUE double 

19 minutes ago, Moo said:

I think, and hope, we'll see the kids now.

Risky move that, when it transpires they're not good enough it'll increase pressure on the owners to spend, and the owners must be protected at all costs.

• Upvote 2