You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) Premier League - 15/7/20 - 20:15

Bjornebye

Firmino and Salah looked absolutely burnt out, the front 3 have played 50+ games as season past 3 years. They virtually never miss a game, we 100% need a 4th option, missing out on Werner was disastrous. We need to make at least 2 signings this summer but in my heart of hearts I know we’ll do fuck all.

I'm not sure how Henderson would have prevented the VVD and Alisson debacles yesterday, or resolved our pedestrian and careless approach to attacking.  We have to have better options to replace out of form players, or for when the opposition has worked us out.  

What do you think of Keita?  If I was Klopp I'd be telling him to run at goal with the ball more often, even if he will lose it more.  We need something to break down stubborn 10 man defences

11 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I'm not sure how Henderson would have prevented the VVD and Alisson debacles yesterday, or resolved our pedestrian and careless approach to attacking.  We have to have better options to replace out of form players, or for when the opposition has worked us out.  

What do you think of Keita?  If I was Klopp I'd be telling him to run at goal with the ball more often, even if he will lose it more.  We need something to break down stubborn 10 man defences

No, I dont think Hendo could have stopped Virgil and Robbo's errors. And sorry to bang on but Robbo shouldnt be throwing the ball back to the keeper from where he did but, whatever.  But Im pretty certain Hendo would have injected a bit more 'gumption' into some players in the last 2 games.

Naby continues to blow hot and cold for me. Im desparate for the lad to look great here but it doesnt seem to be happening even if there's the occasional glimps. It must be hard for the lad especially when you're coming on in a game where the rest of the team isnt fully on blob. I just want him to either create goalscoring chances for others or bang a few in himself. And by a few, I mean 8 to 10 a season.

53 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Firmino and Salah looked absolutely burnt out, the front 3 have played 50+ games as season past 3 years. They virtually never miss a game, we 100% need a 4th option, missing out on Werner was disastrous. We need to make at least 2 signings this summer but in my heart of hearts I know we’ll do fuck all.

Yep. A team of our standing should have an alternative closer to Aubameyang than Origi. Giving Southampton the chance to buy Ings for £20m looks like a rare misstep if no-one comes into the squad this summer.

13 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yep. A team of our standing should have an alternative closer to Aubameyang than Origi. Giving Southampton the chance to buy Ings for £20m looks like a rare misstep if no-one comes into the squad this summer.

Ings would not remotely be the same player fighting for a couple sub appearances here as he has become at Southampton with regular game time. 

enjoy the rest of this season because if we stand still in the transfer market and we lose 1 or 2 of the front 3 for any length of time we will be screwed.I struggle to understand with a relatively quiet 18 months in the transfer market why we cant afford it.Champions of europe world club champions and PL champions along with CL final and PL runners up last season plus all these sponsors whats going on ? 

yes theres covid but surely its not taken every penny 

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ings would not remotely be the same player fighting for a couple sub appearances here as he has become at Southampton with regular game time. 

Yea, different system as well.

I think the same will hold true for Wilson - he would be better at another(smaller) club.

1 hour ago, andyj said:

enjoy the rest of this season because if we stand still in the transfer market and we lose 1 or 2 of the front 3 for any length of time we will be screwed.I struggle to understand with a relatively quiet 18 months in the transfer market why we cant afford it.Champions of europe world club champions and PL champions along with CL final and PL runners up last season plus all these sponsors whats going on ? 

yes theres covid but surely its not taken every penny 

The owners will be shitting themselves that if there's a second wave hitting income again, they might actually have to cough up a few quid. 

They won't give two fucks about us not winning the league next year as long as stay in the top four.   

8 hours ago, Aw Geez said:

To be clear, we've had an excellent season, but I lost count of the number of games where we'd waste bucket fulls of chances and be on the edge of our seat until the last minutes when we could have been out of sight. It's not compatible with my anxiety.

Can't complain overall like.

Fair play. I see where you’re coming from. But to have won it about 25 points clear, and be moaning about the fact the opposition made a game of it every now and then?! 

I see the point, I agree we need a new approach sometimes to break teams down, hopefully that can be Keita.

Shaq Attack nets the ball, showing how it’s done.

the 2nd leg Barca game showed us we do have the squad. A lot of our performances  in my opinion, are down to empty stadiums. 

The synergy of passion in the stands (from both sides) makes the team try harder.

• 3 months later...