You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) Premier League - 15/7/20 - 20:15

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

No pressure in setting premier league records or retaining our European cup when facing a bang average Atletico side then?  

Who gives a shit about the record? This team blew everyone out the water, including oil cheats. 

Atletico are a great team, and we played really well

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mark M said:

All I kept seeing online from the Keita fanboys how the game was crying out for him - giving out how our best midfielder didn’t start. He came on and offered the square root of sweet fuck all.

salah against Burnley & tonight has been very wasteful. 

He did bits, he did ok, he’s just a nothing player really. How the fuck he got the reputation he had I’ll never know.

Guest Pistonbroke

Lazy performance and the less said about the lapses at the back the better. Despite dominating in all aspects of the game I doubt any of our players left 2nd gear, the hunger has gone after winning the title and they seem to be saving themselves for what is to come next season, probably more noticeable in the final third where nobody was busting a gut to get at a wank Arsenal defence. It would have been nice to break the 100 point mark, but in the big scheme of things it really isn't as bad as some are suggesting as far as next season goes and we've done all the hard work where and when it counted. I guess some people like to have a whinge without looking at the context of this game and what went before. We are champions and we shouldn't let a bad performance in a meaningless game detract from that fact. 

Look at that sad cunt Arteta at the end, he was acting like they'd just won an important game and was pumped, you'll be sacked in 6 months you utter cock. 

Give the lads who won us the title the chance to give us one more memorable performance this season against Chelsea, they all deserve to be part of the starting 11 on the day we lift the trophy, gutted that Henderson will only be there as club captain and not part of the squad, although I'd stick him on the bench so he can wear his kit personally. We can approach the game V Newcastle with a totally 2nd string team. 

I'm more annoyed we didn't play more second string players since Palace, especially for some of our youngsters like Elliott.

I never gave a flying fuck about the points record and can't blame the players for not really giving a fuck after 2 seasons of relentless football and an incredible points haul.

Mane is a beast. Never stopped.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Who gives a shit about the record? This team blew everyone out the water, including oil cheats. 

Atletico are a great team, and we played really well

Me and quite a few other Liverpool fans and Atletico are a pretty fucking shite side that pale in comparison to Simeone's better teams.  We flunked that completely.

33 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I really enjoy the record of over 3 years without losing a league game in which we've led. This is shaping up to be a really fucking stupid way to end that run.

Fuck it.

If it's another three years before we lose a league game from a leading position, then I'll be happy. 

1 minute ago, John102 said:

We twatted Atletico across the two legs. We would have been through if it wasnt for Adrian.

We have shit the bed with the points total though.

Would have been through if we took our chances which has been a common theme this season.

Fucking hell, reading this thread and it's like we've blown the league title. Get a grip, the title was won 5 matches ago. They've been absolute beasts for 2 seasons, a drop in form after winning the title was bound to happen. They all probably want to be on the beach somewhere, knee deep in fanny, not playing in empty stadiums.

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

We twatted Atletico across the two legs. We would have been through if it wasnt for Adrian.

Twatted them so badly that one mistake from the keeper seen us out. 

Nope. 

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Me and quite a few other Liverpool fans and Atletico are a pretty fucking shite side that pale in comparison to Simeone's better teams.  We flunked that completely.

Down to Adrian mate. Terrible mistakes.

i agree it’s a massive shame but next season we will probably win the CL AND LEAGUE double 

19 minutes ago, Moo said:

I think, and hope, we'll see the kids now.

Risky move that, when it transpires they're not good enough it'll increase pressure on the owners to spend, and the owners must be protected at all costs.

• Upvote 2

I would love us to go all out for Jiminez. Ticks all the boxes. Yeah he's 29 but we could get 3 good years out of him and he's proper competition for Bobby. 

Divock is a cult hero but is average at best. To rely on him or some very talented kids for next season is foolhardy. Thank god Mo, Sadio or Bobby have been injury free this seaaon but to hope that happens next season is playing russian roulette.

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Fucking hell, reading this thread and it's like we've blown the league title. Get a grip, the title was won 5 matches ago. They've been absolute beasts for 2 seasons, a drop in form after winning the title was bound to happen. They all probably want to be on the beach somewhere, knee deep in fanny, not playing in empty stadiums.

Starting to think we have lost the league reading some comments on here these boys have moved mountains last 2 seasons so a stroll till end of season ok with me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

It's always going to be a steep drop from the world's best keeper to someone who is prepared to warm the bench. Adrian did just about enough in the league at the start of the season to keep our 100% record going. Unfortunately, he chose the Chelsea and Atletico games to give his absolute worst performances for us.

I'm still sulking.

We didnt do anything to Atletico in the away leg, dont even think Oblak made a save. But second leg we battered them but were not clinical.

Hindsight is a great thing but we should have at least tried to get Haaland when he left Salzburg for £18m. He is suited to our league and offers more of a direct threat. Minamino will need more time to get used to the Premier League and is very lightweight.

Worried that if we sign no one in the summer we will stagnate and if one of the front 3, Van Dijk or Allison get injured the replacement quality isnt good enough. Teams also know that we struggle to break defences down when they sit back. 

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

What? 

Maybe i remember it incorrectly, as a few people have taken issue with it.

I remember us creating lots of chances, getting into a winning position and then blowing it after a terrible mistake.

We were wasteful yes, but clearly the better side.

Anyway, thats a thing of the past now. Just seems odd to use it as a stick to beat this side with.