You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mane: I could not be more happy and proud to be a Liverpool player

TLW

Sadio Mane sees no end in sight to the partnership between Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino and himself as they passed another landmark during the week.

The double by Salah against Brighton saw the tally of goals scored by the trio to 250 in all completions across just three seasons.

In keeping with the competitive nature of the unit, they have got their eyes set on the next target as the Senegal superstar told the Official site.

“I think our target is another 250 again and more trophies with Liverpool.

"I think it's just unbelievable. 

“It's not easy to play in England and score this [amount] of goals.

"It's just incredible because there are so many good teams and strong defenders, so it's not easy. 

"We always try to work harder and harder to get better and better to do the best for the team. 

"Playing alongside these two, even me and you, I think we can both play alongside these two great players. 

"So you just need to be fit and then you play alongside them because they make everything easier for me and you!"

Mane is coming to the end of his fourth year at the Reds and despite regularly being linked to clubs on the continent, he is extremely content at his current club.

“I couldn't be more happy, proud to be a Liverpool player.

"For sure it has been a great season, a great four years for me. 

"I'm really happy to be alongside my teammates, staff, everything. I'm just happy and proud to be here.

Despite his undisputed status as one of the best forwards in World Football, Mane says that he is learning new elements to his game all the time.

"I think as a player I'm still learning.

“I never stop learning and you can see me and all of the boys have been developed a lot. We are really, really happy about it. 

"At the same time, we never stop working harder because it has always been a dream for me to play and always getting better and better – especially to score more goals, more assists for my team and to win trophies. 

The realisation of being part of the squad that has ended a long title drought is still sinking in for Mane.

And while he admits it is a special moment, he certainly does not want it to stop there. 

mane1_600.jpg

"Honestly, I think it has been most special for me and my teammates.

"After 30 years of waiting [for] the fans, I still don't believe it. But we did it and I think it's just so special. 

"We are really happy and we are really proud after 30 years to be the players who win the [Premier League] trophy with Liverpool Football Club. 

“Hopefully more and more to come.

On a sombre note, fearless captain Jordan Henderson will not be out their with his teammates after being ruled out for rest of the season with a knee injury.

Mane says that blow gives them extra incentive to finish the season strongly.

“Sadly it's a complicated moment for the team and for him because we love to have Hendo in the squad.

"He's a great person out of the pitch and on the pitch he's also a great leader. 

“He's always been there for his team, giving 100 per cent every single game. 

"For sure we would love to have him but, like I always say, it's part of football and now we're also going to be here for him morally to support and be positive with him. 

“I think, for sure, he will come back stronger as soon as possible."

View full article

Went to Cape Verde in January and hadn't really thought about Senegal being the nearest mainland country , but it was like a Sadio cult there. Went to a bar to see the Spurs game and when the locals realised I was from Liverpool I was regaled with stories about what a fantastic player and how much good he does for the region he was born.

• Upvote 2