You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Jul 7-9 2020)

tlw content

I’ll start this week at the Emirates as Arsenal conceded a hilarious late equaliser against Leicester. They’ve had a mini revival recently and they started well against Brendan’s side, but that just makes what happened later even funnier.

Saka teed up Aubamayeng for the opener and Lacazette thought he’d made it 2-0 only to be denied by a stunning Schmeichel save. The keeper then denied Bellerin as Arsenal piled on the pressure. And then….  Arsenal happened.

Nketiah came off the bench and within seconds he’d been sent off. Initially the ref gave him a yellow but he went to look at the screen and changed it to red. It wasn’t intentional but he was late and high and didn’t get the ball, so it’s the right decision, regardless of what Arteta thinks. 

Leicester dominated the second half and deserved Vardy’s late equaliser but what made this so much funnier was that Arsenal were fuming about it because they wanted offside against that loser Ayoze Perez. 

Only one problem, he didn’t touch the ball. Just look at the reaction of the Arsenal Fan TV crew after that goal though…..

It’s easy to be cynical and say they’re doing this for the cameras but if they are then they deserve Oscars for this performance. I’d say the truth is more likely that DT and Troopz are just not particularly well balanced individuals and both have severe anger management issues.

What baffles me is how they are even still arsed. I’d have long been beaten into submission if that was my team. I mean yeah, I’d be that angry if we were relevant and the result actually had implications, but what stakes are Arsenal playing for?

How has indifference and then apathy not set in yet?

It’s just weird. You’ve got Troopz and DT kicking off like they’d just been screwed out of a place in the Champions League Final. Fucking weirdos. 

Seriously, how can you get that worked up about watching THAT group of players? It’s not healthy. It’s poor little Ty I feel sorry for, he never gets angry (unless you question his fanbase), he just looks sad.

Arteta showed his true colours afterwards when he went the “Full Pep”, claiming Vardy should have been sent off for what was a clearly accidental clash with Mustafi. 

Actually, he didn’t even say that specifically, he was a complete arse about it and kept talking about “a challenge that happened between 40 and 45 minutes”.

Geoff Shreeves had no idea what he was referring to (which in fairness you wouldn’t do, as it was never a red card in a million years) and had to ask him which incident specifically did he mean. Arteta wouldn’t say, he just kept saying “it happened between 40-45 minutes”.

Just fucking say it you silly playmobil headed cunt. No-one has time for any of this cryptic bullshit and there was no reason whatsoever to not specify which incident he was on about. It’s not often I’ll ever side with Shreeves as he’s a dick, but for once he wasn’t the biggest arsewipe in the conversation. As I say, proper spoilt brat Guardiola behaviour that.  

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

"Rack up another assist for me there as I slated Wilf in the last round up for the poor season he’s having." Ohhhhhh riiiiiiight. So let's get this straight. You say someone's having a shite season, they score next game and you "rack up an assist". How does that work then? Next you'll claim an assist for saying someone's having a great season, they score next game and you'll claim an assist. Assist my arse you knobjockey.  

You? You want your cake and eat it. No offence. 

PS. Yer ma is the only one in your family who talks sense. 

• Upvote 2

I just can't see it with Traore. To me he's like a bulkier, faster Jermaine Pennant with a goal return to match.

He's become a very good crosser and has terrifying pace but he's a touchline hugger with no natural instinct to go in to the box when the ball is on the other side.

Where teams dig in and he can't just use raw pace he doesn't have the guile to create chances for himself or to get into the right spaces for others to find him. That's why he has one single premier league goal in his career against teams outside the big six.

• Upvote 2

To be fair to Traore he did dislocate his shoulder in about the first minute. Although it was popped back in, it's the sort of thing that is bound to have an effect on a performance. Of course, he could just be playing poorly to get his price down so we'll be able to afford him

15 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

I just can't see it with Traore. To me he's like a bulkier, faster Jermaine Pennant with a goal return to match.

He's become a very good crosser and has terrifying pace but he's a touchline hugger with no natural instinct to go in to the box when the ball is on the other side.

Where teams dig in and he can't just use raw pace he doesn't have the guile to create chances for himself or to get into the right spaces for others to find him. That's why he has one single premier league goal in his career against teams outside the big six.

I actually agree with that up to a point, but I think he has the potential to do all of the things you say he can't do. He just needs the right environment to bring it out of him and I think Klopp would turn him into a world beater.

He's still a work in progress but the money Wolves would want is something you'd only pay for the finished article. That's why I don't think he's going anywhere.

I remember Crouchie being asked about the Spurs team of the decade poll and laughing and saying “Yeah, the Liverpool fans have always been good to me.”

Add in the time we got Lucas named as Lazio player of the year.

• dave u unpinned this topic