You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Temp lad at my mate's place (social landlord) got sacked because he asked one of the women on a work night out if she had a boyfriend.

It's ridiculous. Women will be wearing sashes soon, like those dog's harnesses that warn strangers of their temperament.

36 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What's the issue with being a womaniser if you are a single guy chasing single women. Soon you'll have to send an application form just to say hello to the opposite sex. Never really got the friends thing and that's not to shit on friends it just never grabbed me.

Is there an issue?

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Temp lad at my mate's place (social landlord) got sacked because he asked one of the women on a work night out if she had a boyfriend.

If that really happened  (and if there's no more to it that he's choosing to leave out of his version) then he'd easily win an Employment Tribunal. 

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Ross was the best character in it.

Gayest post ever. 

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If that really happened  (and if there's no more to it that he's choosing to leave out of his version) then he'd easily win an Employment Tribunal. 

Well he has his cock out at the time. Bloody woke bitch 

The Guardian on the "Cancal Culture" wars in publishing.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/jun/03/if-publishers-become-afraid-were-in-trouble-publishings-cancel-culture-debate-boils-over

“But people aren’t having these kinds of conflicts over simple differences of political opinion, as you might assume from listening to the debate on it,” she says. “Nobody’s refusing to work on a book because it doesn’t fit with their party affiliation: what’s been at stake has virtually always been a question of whether the book or the author is responsible for inciting prejudice against already marginalised and oppressed minorities. That’s an absolutely valid area for debate. It’s also not always clear-cut – some people will be deafened by a dog-whistle that others can’t hear.”

Once junior editors are “up in arms”, Beattie believes that is proof of enough concern to warrant an internal conversation. “Ironically, the people railing against ‘cancel culture’ very often seem to be trying to shut down criticism themselves,” she says.

Don't quite agree, I think the issue stems from the feeling among the younger, junior editors that they have a duty to "deplatform" everything they think is detrimental to what they see as the "right side of history". And this is getting an increasingly narrow definition.  

45 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Julie Burchill has now posted a crass tweet linking the Harry/Meghan baby to George Floyd. I think she was trying to make a joke about famous people jumping on the BLM bandwagon. She also called the little girl "it" just for for good measure. I think people like her are just now actively looking to provoke reasonable people in order to gain publicity. Whatever your views on the royals (and I'm not a fan) calling a mixed race baby "it" and linking the baby to a high profile murder is just vile.  

What a disopian fucking spiritual hellhole the country is becoming, a place where "media commentators" make money with shock and outrage caused by racism and just every manner of spite they can weaponise for clicks, shares and cash. 

It all comes from the top. People view politicians and media figures the way naughty kids view their parents, if they see and hear people like Johnson getting away with it, they'll think they can get away with it too.

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Julie Burchill has now posted a crass tweet linking the Harry/Meghan baby to George Floyd. I think she was trying to make a joke about famous people jumping on the BLM bandwagon. She also called the little girl "it" just for for good measure. I think people like her are just now actively looking to provoke reasonable people in order to gain publicity. Whatever your views on the royals (and I'm not a fan) calling a mixed race baby "it" and linking the baby to a high profile murder is just vile.  

It's not "just now", been pretty clear that's all she's got in her locker for a long time.

Female Rod Liddle.  Vacuous outrage-chasers.

29 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

For some bizarre reason, Burchill follows me on Twitter. I only found out yesterday when I saw her latest rancid tweet, and saw that I was allowed to reply to it because she follows me. 

She follows me too.  

That horrible shit stirring bastard Dan Wootton has got a live article on the daily Mail app about “woke culture” and the comments which he deletes ones he doesn’t like are full of cunts spouting vile and an article about the Romanian player who didn’t take the knee in defence of his team mate who got banned for

being racist to a rangers player is full of cunts commenting supporting him. This country is a cess pit