You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

Tell you what summed up how much of an arrogant simpleton Morgan is. He got Trisha Goddard on GMB to talk about Meghan's racism claims, why her? What links does she have to them?

Well it was because he'd interviewed her on his shit interview programme a couple of weeks prior, so his thought process was - I let her come on my telly, she's black, she'll agree with me. 

But she tore him a new one and he clearly wasn't expecting it. My African American.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Tell you what summed up how much of an arrogant simpleton Morgan is. He got Trisha Goddard on GMB to talk about Meghan's racism claims, why her? What links does she have to them?

Well it was because he'd interviewed her on his shit interview programme a couple of weeks prior, so his thought process was - I let her come on my telly, she's black, she'll agree with me. 

But she tore him a new one and he clearly wasn't expecting it. My African American.

I fucking hate the ingrained racism in this country. Scum of the earth. "Oh a black presenter? So 'woke' I won't be watching" 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I fucking hate the ingrained racism in this country. Scum of the earth. "Oh a black presenter? So 'woke' I won't be watching" 

Made me laugh when there was complaints of no diversity in movies so racists where saying well write and produce your own movies then and as soon as films with a black cast made by black directors where produced there was outrage at the lack of white people in them.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Made me laugh when there was complaints of no diversity in movies so racists where saying well write and produce your own movies then and as soon as films with a black cast made by black directors where produced there was outrage at the lack of white people in them.  

Must have missed that outrage over the lack of white people in films. 

33 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

It kicked off a bit over the guy who made ‘Us’ and ‘Get Out’. 

Ah, yes, he did say something like he doesn't want white people in his films, I remember now. Didn't know there was an outrage.

I only saw Get Out, there were white people in it.

14 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Ah, yes, he did say something like he doesn't want white people in his films, I remember now. Didn't know there was an outrage.

I only saw Get Out, there were white people in it.

He never said he didn't want white people in his films he said he probably would have a white person lead his films.

Just now, Geoff Woade said:

It’s still probably an ill advised comment. 

It may be but the "make your own films then" brigade can't really complain as it's what they wished for. To be honest I'm not offended by what he said either, if there's no or little diversity and a black director decides he wants to address that balance that's fine with me. I honestly 100 percent don't give a shit about casting of films full stop as long as the people can act. I'm more offended by Charlie hunnams acting than I would be a black Winston Churchill.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Some people will tell you discrimination against white people doesn't exist, so, those people would tell you it's not ill-advised. 

It does exist. There's "some people" for every viewpoint. Some people think the earth is flat, have made experiments trying to prove it was flat ended up proving the earth was round, disregarded it and claimed its still flat. Some people just believe what they want.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It does exist. There's "some people" for every viewpoint. Some people think the earth is flat, have made experiments trying to prove it was flat ended up proving the earth was round, disregarded it and claimed its still flat. Some people just believe what they want.

Spot on. I'm always happy if I'm proved wrong about something because it means I've learnt something. Some people are that jumped up, the thought that they could ever be wrong about anything is that terrifying that they throw all rationality and reality out of the window. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The liberal mainstream media would likely tell you discrimination against white people doesn't exist. That train of thought is way more prevalent than something like flat earth.