You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

5 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Lia Nici MP for Great Grimsby.

Not that Naga Munchetty can do anything about it: last time she pointed out that people saying "go back to where you came from" to her are racist as fuck, the BBC bollocked her for lack of impartiality. 

Fuckers have made it harder to move to another country. They have helped trap us on this island of spittle.

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Fuckers have made it harder to move to another country. They have helped trap us on this island of spittle.

Why would anybody be proud of a system where one family,by random,is given shed loads of money and prestige just because they belong to said Germanic/British/Greek family? No democratic process involved at all. This family also locks its relatives with mental illness away in a psychiatric institution. Every reason to be proud!

I find it's difficult to decide which aspect of the Royal family to admire most, I can't choose between the centuries of inbreeding, supposedly being a pillar of tradition but changing their name to pretend not to be German, forcing their son to marry someone they don't want to and then turning a blind eye to him continuing to fuck the woman he wanted to be with, being fantastically wealthy but expecting the state to pay for upkeep of their homes and supply them with yachts, disowning members of the family for having the audacity to be unhappy about the same press who hounded their mother to death seemingly trying to do the same to his wife or turning a blind eye to one of the family being outed as a nonce.

It's just so difficult to choose. 

They are naught but Jerry Springer/Jeremy Kyle guests with a lottery win and a posh accent. 

• Like 1

On 18/03/2021 at 20:02, RedKnight said:

Trying to get inside the thinking of people like that is critical. English nationalism seems so toxic compared to Scottish and Welsh nationalism, which is strange since England should be the last country complaining about invading foreigners disrespecting a country's customs.

They are horrible foreign foreigners though, not good old British foreigners. 

18 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Lia Nici MP for Great Grimsby.

The whole "if you don't like it fuck off elsewhere" argument has to be the laziest point ever and is almost always compounded with the idea that any suggestion whatsoever that we're not the greatest country on the planet being the same as hating the country in it's entirety. 

It's something that can't be argued against as it's so utterly lacking in any logic that you can actually break down.

1 hour ago, Chairman Meow said:

I find it's difficult to decide which aspect of the Royal family to admire most, I can't choose between the centuries of inbreeding, supposedly being a pillar of tradition but changing their name to pretend not to be German, forcing their son to marry someone they don't want to and then turning a blind eye to him continuing to fuck the woman he wanted to be with, being fantastically wealthy but expecting the state to pay for upkeep of their homes and supply them with yachts, disowning members of the family for having the audacity to be unhappy about the same press who hounded their mother to death seemingly trying to do the same to his wife or turning a blind eye to one of the family being outed as a nonce.

It's just so difficult to choose. 

They are naught but Jerry Springer/Jeremy Kyle guests with a lottery win and a posh accent. 

You just hate Great Britain and our traditions, and our flag. If you don’t like it here why don’t you fuck off and live somewhere else....

On 18/03/2021 at 20:02, RedKnight said:

Trying to get inside the thinking of people like that is critical. English nationalism seems so toxic compared to Scottish and Welsh nationalism, which is strange since England should be the last country complaining about invading foreigners disrespecting a country's customs.

Aye, I’m sure Welsh and Scottish Nationalists are all really level headed and fair minded. I’ll never forget visiting Edinburgh not long after I got married, there was an England v Italy game on and I made the mistake of taking my new wife into a local pub to watch the game. The locals were a great bunch of lads.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Aye, I’m sure Welsh and Scottish Nationalists are all really level headed and fair minded. I’ll never forget visiting Edinburgh not long after I got married, there was an England v Italy game on and I made the mistake of taking my new wife into a local pub to watch the game. The locals were a great bunch of lads.

In reference to the use of flags? England's % of nutjobs seems to be higher than the others.

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Probably because it’s a far bigger country, I’m sure there’s no difference in real terms.

That's why I said %, I feel like the ratio is much higher. Social media and the current culture wars nonsense has done nothing to quell that perception.

4 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

That's why I said %, I feel like the ratio is much higher. Social media and the current culture wars nonsense has done nothing to quell that perception.

No mate, you said that English nationalism is more toxic than Scottish and Welsh nationalism, I’m saying that I don’t think that that is the case.

The % of flag shaggers in Britain has definitely increased (or their voice has got louder) since brexit and you can guarantee the right wing government were made up when isis went mental a few years back over europe. 

The country is more divided than I've ever known it. 

36 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

No mate, you said that English nationalism is more toxic than Scottish and Welsh nationalism, I’m saying that I don’t think that that is the case.

I disagree by some margin but we won't agree on it so just have to disagree on it.

49 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

All the ‘isms’ manifest when the people feel safe.

This is true.  For example, media and politicians spread anti-Muslim nonsense and knuckle-draggers are emboldened to attack Muslims in the street.

Govt. and media spread horror stories about Gypsy Romany Travellers and even liberals (lower-case L) who fancy themselves as non-racist turn a blind eye to Patel's proposals.

You’ll cry but when it was safe to be an antisemite in Labour they crawled out of the woodwork. 

This never happened in real life (at least, not in the way liars say it did: anti-Semitic attitudes in Labour became less prevalent during Corbyn's leadership).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Not all people are cunts.

I'm not claiming anything; I'm just stating substantiated facts.

most are. Between the racists, the Covid deniers, the Brexiteers, the anti- Muslims, the anti Semites and the plain fucking stupid I’m really fucking struggling to see the argument against being selfish. 

#metoo

• Upvote 2