You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

This weeks payment day in 5 minutes. Can't wait. The cunt from Lytham is going to cry when he realises they all think he is a cunt. 

In line with this thread - there was a guy on it who was charging £500 a night for a double room in his plush digs in Hale, and didn’t offer any catering at all, but charged people for access to the food and ale in a fully stocked kitchen. I went and had a look on google and the reviews were 1.4 out of 5 or something. When I investigated further it was people going “never stayed here, but saw this arrogant idiot on 4 in a bed. Will never book here”.

What the fuck?? So many things wrong with that:

1 - negatively reviewing somewhere you’ve never been 

2 - getting so annoyed at a tv show that you go and review somewhere you’ve never been

3 - feel the need to damage someone’s livelihood for anything you don’t like, however trivial.

To sum up - cunts.

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Good spot this -- it truly wasn't a thing a few years ago.

Calling something you do not like "Fake News" - hmm.. seems a little dismissive at it's core.

It’s incredibly self-defeating. And fucking detestably smug. Represent things as they are objectively with their nuances intact, rather than being reductionist. Pretty solid staple of western academia, hoyed out the window because an orange personality disorder in shoes has lowered the bar. No need to join the cunt in a race to the bottom.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, belarus said:

In line with this thread - there was a guy on it who was charging £500 a night for a double room in his plush digs in Hale, and didn’t offer any catering at all, but charged people for access to the food and ale in a fully stocked kitchen. I went and had a look on google and the reviews were 1.4 out of 5 or something. When I investigated further it was people going “never stayed here, but saw this arrogant idiot on 4 in a bed. Will never book here”.

What the fuck?? So many things wrong with that:

1 - negatively reviewing somewhere you’ve never been 

2 - getting so annoyed at a tv show that you go and review somewhere you’ve never been

3 - feel the need to damage someone’s livelihood for anything you don’t like, however trivial.

To sum up - cunts.

So you didn’t leave a review yourself?

1 hour ago, Numero said:

When you did robe trans people that way, with denigration and disdain, it makes you sound like a transphobic asshole. 

When I did robe? What does that mean.

Also I was not insulting transexuals. I was dismissive of men who claim that the concept of a woman is merely an ephemeral feeling and that a cock is a lady cock. Big difference

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

So you didn’t leave a review yourself?

Well, yeah, obviously I did. How couldn’t I, having experienced the equivalent of an overnight stay through the viewing of approximately 18 minutes of screen time? 1 Star! My voice must be heard!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, redheart said:

When I did robe? What does that mean.

Also I was not insulting transexuals. I was dismissive of men who claim that the concept of a woman is merely an ephemeral feeling and that a cock is a lady cock. Big difference

Did robe is my phone’s way of autocorrecting Describe. Apologies. 

• Upvote 1