You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The Edinburgh fringe has been a joke for years, full of posh talentless twats. 

Saw a male and female comedian (never heard of either of them) being interviewed and both said their shows were about 'toxic masculinity.'

Great fun.

Spot on.

They should cancel the fucking festival. Basically the arty farty hipster contingent of London de-camping to Edinburgh for a month to make our lives a misery.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

Spot on.

They should cancel the fucking festival. Basically the arty farty hipster contingent of London de-camping to Edinburgh for a month to make our lives a misery.

They should just combine it with the Edinburgh tattoo.

Giles fuckpants getting skewered up the arse by a Ghurka's kukri. I'd buy tickets for that.

Racially charged jokes about Sunek, said blacks and women ruined government and got his cock out for the grand finale is the rap sheet.

Never heard of this guy before today is that par for the course with his act?

No one walked out by the sounds of it, all comes with a heavy dose of context I guess.

4 minutes ago, Gooch said:

Racially charged jokes about Sunek, said blacks and women ruined government and got his cock out for the grand finale is the rap sheet.

No one walked out by the sounds of it, all comes with a heavy dose of context I guess.

Sounds reasonably tame for him.

I find the concept of cancelling art pretty disgusting to be honest, we're on a slippery slope here.

7 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

As if you go to a Sadowitz gig and not know what you are going to get. Those people deserve to be banned from all comedy events. 

Reminds me of the time the FA booked Reginald D Hunter (fresh from his tour "Pride & Prejudice & Niggers") for their end-of-season corporate shindig, and they were all shocked that he used the N-word.

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Maybe, but I’m not sure I ever remember seeing the idea that cancel culture doesn’t exist, more that it’s used by vile cunts at times to claim they’re being silenced when in fact their views are being challenged, views which usually fall apart under inspection anyway.

I must have missed that particular spat.

I've said it doesn't exist. I still say it doesn't exist. 

One theatre has cancelled one show. It takes more than that to make a "culture".

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've said it doesn't exist. I still say it doesn't exist. 

One theatre has cancelled one show. It takes more than that to make a "culture".

You got this the wrong way, Mal.

Its a culture of cancelling, or at least attempting to, that has led to people losing jobs/income/standing.  

The culture aspect is what they are doing, not in the specific destruction of a thing, arts and opinions in the main.

The culture is a group of fools, on both sides of the spectrum, assuming they have a right to allow something to no longer be as it goes against a pretty flimsy set of soft coded beliefs they’ve developed in their interwebs hive mind.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Gooch said:

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Don't shows have to have a warning about nudity?

If he's taken his cock out and waved it in an audience member's face without some kind of prior warning then isn't that actually indecent exposure and a criminal act?

Someone will have to clarify that as I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Don't shows have to have a warning about nudity?

If he's taken his cock out and waved it in an audience member's face without some kind of prior warning then isn't that actually indecent exposure and a criminal act?

Someone will have to clarify that as I'm not sure.

Yeah that’s the way I read it. You can’t just be getting your schlong out in a public place.

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You got this the wrong way, Mal.

Its a culture of cancelling, or at least attempting to, that has led to people losing jobs/income/standing.  

The culture aspect is what they are doing, not in the specific destruction of a thing, arts and opinions in the main.

The culture is a group of fools, on both sides of the spectrum, assuming they have a right to allow something to no longer be as it goes against a pretty flimsy set of soft coded beliefs they’ve developed in their interwebs hive mind.

I understand that. The "culture of cancelling" is what I'm saying doesn't exist. 

In reality, people are free to express all kinds of opinions; even wacky and dangerous ones.  Other people are free to question, contradict or criticise those opinions.  

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

If you can't wave your cock in a stranger's face, comedy is dead.

Loony lefties, snowflakes and wokies have ruined everything.

My understanding is that if you wave your cock in a stranger's face, that's just free speech; but if you keep your cock out of sight under a dress, you're probably a paedo and you must be banned from working with children.