You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

On 27/10/2021 at 21:00, CapeRed said:

No I said the comparison between Israel and South Africa is incorrect. It doesn't matter what Israel does in terms of returning land. There are countries who want to wipe Israel in whatever format off the map. SA did not have such a threat.

'It doesnt matter what Israel does in terms of returning land.' Maybe if this happened we could see. And without descending into another Israel v Arab argument,this is what generally happens when you invent a state and renege on previous promises.One could guess that this conflict was engineered to have this situation become exactly what it is and is 'good for business.' Incidentally,so was apartheid.

25 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

'It doesnt matter what Israel does in terms of returning land.' Maybe if this happened we could see. And without descending into another Israel v Arab argument,this is what generally happens when you invent a state and renege on previous promises.One could guess that this conflict was engineered to have this situation become exactly what it is and is 'good for business.' Incidentally,so was apartheid.

To be fair, most of the states in the region are "invented" to an extent, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan. And what doesn't get mentioned often, Israel is not the only state there that would clash with Palestinians over territory.

I'm no fan of the cunt Jon Gaunt, but he's got a point here, and he alludes to one I've made on here before: that the biggest proponents of cancel culture (although they'd never have the self-awareness to recognise their behaviour as such) have always been found on the intolerant right, whether it's cancelling the Beatles for Lennon's Jesus comments, cancelling Nike and Yorkshire fucking Tea for supporting BLM, or cancelling supermarkets for supporting and implementing Covid-safe procedures. 

5 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I'm no fan of the cunt Jon Gaunt, but he's got a point here, and he alludes to one I've made on here before: that the biggest proponents of cancel culture (although they'd never have the self-awareness to recognise their behaviour as such) have always been found on the intolerant right, whether it's cancelling the Beatles for Lennon's Jesus comments, cancelling Nike and Yorkshire fucking Tea for supporting BLM, or cancelling supermarkets for supporting and implementing Covid-safe procedures. 

Well said that cunt 

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nah there are countries there who wish to see the eradication of Israel completely IMO. You are correct in that Apartheid was good for busines - for several countries. Sadly the changes brought about by its demise have , to a large extent, not benefitted the greater population . Only the well connected cadres and tenderpreneurs benefit  ,often via corruption. As I write this I am watching a team of guys hand digging a pool and they are all wearing flip flops FFS. I said to my missus why cant the company give them safety boots...life is cheap here.

Incredible stuff

School pulls event with former Islamic State sex slave over fears it would 'foster Islamophobia' (telegraph.co.uk)

School pulls event with former Islamic State sex slave over fears it would 'foster Islamophobia'
Event with Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and UN Goodwill Ambassador Nadia Murad was cancelled by a Canadian school

A Canadian school has been forced to apologise after a book club event with Nadia Murad, a Nobel Prize-winner and former Islamic State sex slave, was cancelled over fears it would "foster Islamaphobia.”

Helen Fisher, the superintendent at the Toronto District School Board, voiced her concerns over Ms Murad’s ‘The Last Girl: My Story of Captivity, and My Fight Against the Islamic State’ and said that her students would not participate in a sit-down event with the author scheduled for February.

The move drew wide criticism, and the board has been forced to clarify that these views are not its official position and that it will be reviewing the books.

Ms Murad’s frightening story details her family being executed and how she was snatched from her home and sold into sexual slavery. She was raped, tortured and exchanged among militants in northern Iraq before escaping.

She is a Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, UN Goodwill Ambassador, and a leading advocate for survivors of genocide and sexual violence.

• Upvote 1

On 30/11/2021 at 15:15, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Maybe a group will be set up to cancel the cancel groups that have been set up to cancel cancel culture?