You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Have you read the story because the letters seem to have gone to parents of pupils who organised peaceful protests against racism. As far as I know, no buildings or property were burnt.

Union Jack was.

Where will it end?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-56858188

An IT teacher who threatened pupils and took some to a strip club while he was drunk during a school trip has been banned from teaching for three years.

Richard Glenn's behaviour was so "unacceptable" he was sent home early during Longridge Towers School's trip to Costa Rica in July 2019, the Teaching Regulation Agency heard.Mr Glenn, 55, admitted gross misconduct and was dismissed in August 2019. The Northumberland private school costs up to £4,850 a term for day pupils.

A misconduct panel heard Mr Glenn, who taught computer science and had been head of sixth form since 2007, was one of the leaders of the group of 16 to 18-year-olds that went to Costa Rica on 5 July 2019.

The panel said pupils were "relying on him for guidance" in Costa Rica

He was supposed to be there until 28 July, but after six days was sent home by the expedition's leader "due to his behaviour".

His actions included:

Drinking with pupils
Allowing one or more pupils to drink alcohol despite being under the legal age of 18
Threatening to "kick the head in" of one pupil and "kill" another
Telling one pupil: "I'm not in trouble - you'll be in trouble"
After being aggressive to one pupil, he kissed the boy's forehead and told him "you're all right"
Taking one or more pupils to a strip club
Acting aggressively towards the woman leading the trip when she tried to help him back to his tent
Exposing himself to the woman in a shared hotel room, although it was agreed this was not "malicious or sexually motivated"

The panel said his behaviour "placed one or more pupils in his care at risk".

It added there was "no malice or sexual intent" in taking the students to the lapdancing club, but Mr Glenn admitted it was "inappropriate and unprofessional" for him to fail to control the situation.

He added he could not remember what happened "due to his state of intoxication" but he "did not not dispute the recollection of those present", the report said.

The private boarding school near Berwick charges up to £9,800 a term for boarders.

The panel was shown photos of drink tickets bought at the strip club and said it was "satisfied" that his conduct "amounted to misconduct of a serious nature which fell significantly short of the standards expected of the profession".

The panel's report said: "Mr Glenn was, at various times during the school trip, under the influence of alcohol, and therefore not in a position to adequately take decisions or act in loco parentis should the need arise.

"This was in circumstances where pupils under his care were in an unfamiliar country, far from home, and relying on him for guidance and protection.

"Mr Glenn was an experienced teacher and pastoral leader who would have been expected to lead an overseas trip safely, and would have been well aware of the conduct expected of him."

After the three years have elapsed, Mr Glenn will need to apply for the ban to be lifted, the panel said.

16 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Where will it end?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-56858188

An IT teacher who threatened pupils and took some to a strip club while he was drunk during a school trip has been banned from teaching for three years.

Richard Glenn's behaviour was so "unacceptable" he was sent home early during Longridge Towers School's trip to Costa Rica in July 2019, the Teaching Regulation Agency heard.Mr Glenn, 55, admitted gross misconduct and was dismissed in August 2019. The Northumberland private school costs up to £4,850 a term for day pupils.

A misconduct panel heard Mr Glenn, who taught computer science and had been head of sixth form since 2007, was one of the leaders of the group of 16 to 18-year-olds that went to Costa Rica on 5 July 2019.

The panel said pupils were "relying on him for guidance" in Costa Rica

He was supposed to be there until 28 July, but after six days was sent home by the expedition's leader "due to his behaviour".

His actions included:

Drinking with pupils
Allowing one or more pupils to drink alcohol despite being under the legal age of 18
Threatening to "kick the head in" of one pupil and "kill" another
Telling one pupil: "I'm not in trouble - you'll be in trouble"
After being aggressive to one pupil, he kissed the boy's forehead and told him "you're all right"
Taking one or more pupils to a strip club
Acting aggressively towards the woman leading the trip when she tried to help him back to his tent
Exposing himself to the woman in a shared hotel room, although it was agreed this was not "malicious or sexually motivated"

The panel said his behaviour "placed one or more pupils in his care at risk".

It added there was "no malice or sexual intent" in taking the students to the lapdancing club, but Mr Glenn admitted it was "inappropriate and unprofessional" for him to fail to control the situation.

He added he could not remember what happened "due to his state of intoxication" but he "did not not dispute the recollection of those present", the report said.

The private boarding school near Berwick charges up to £9,800 a term for boarders.

The panel was shown photos of drink tickets bought at the strip club and said it was "satisfied" that his conduct "amounted to misconduct of a serious nature which fell significantly short of the standards expected of the profession".

The panel's report said: "Mr Glenn was, at various times during the school trip, under the influence of alcohol, and therefore not in a position to adequately take decisions or act in loco parentis should the need arise.

"This was in circumstances where pupils under his care were in an unfamiliar country, far from home, and relying on him for guidance and protection.

"Mr Glenn was an experienced teacher and pastoral leader who would have been expected to lead an overseas trip safely, and would have been well aware of the conduct expected of him."

After the three years have elapsed, Mr Glenn will need to apply for the ban to be lifted, the panel said.

Ayyy - LADS LADS LADS! I’d have let him off and high fived him on his way out of the hearing. 

I see the TV companies working with Noel Clarke have fucked him off until the allegations against him are investigated which is fair enough. However, there are also calls not to show the final episode of Viewpoint which has been airing on ITV this week. 

So they’ve shown the first four episodes Monday to Thursday and the final one is tonight, is it just me or does it seem crazy not to show it when you’ve already aired the first four? What about the other actors in the show?

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/apr/30/noel-clarke-dropped-by-broadcasters-over-sexual-harassment-claims?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Television production companies have halted their work with the actor and director Noel Clarke after the Guardian published detailed allegations of sexual harassment against him.

On Thursday night, the Guardian described the accounts of 20 women who claim Clarke sexually harassed them. The director, who first came to fame for his Kidulthood series of films, strongly denies the accusations, which were made shortly after Bafta announced that it planned to give Clarke a special award for outstanding British contribution to cinema.

Sky said it stopped work on the forthcoming series of the award-winning police show Bulletproof, which was created by and also stars Clarke, after reading the allegations.

It said: “Sky stands against all forms of sexual harassment and bullying and takes any allegations of this nature extremely seriously. Effective immediately, we have halted Noel Clarke’s involvement in any future Sky productions.”

Vertigo Films, the UK producer behind Bulletproof, said in a statement: “We are devastated to hear about these allegations and have launched an urgent investigation to find out if any apply to any Vertigo Films productions. Our immediate concern is for any cast or crew who may have had a negative experience on set.

It said it had not received any complaints but encouraged anyone affected to get in contact. It said: “Effective immediately, Noel Clarke is removed from any Vertigo Films production.”

ITV has yet to comment on whether it will show the final episode of Clarke’s new show, Viewpoint, which is due to be broadcast on Friday night. The five-part programme is being shown in a prestigious 9pm slot every night this week. On Friday morning, the channel was still showing promotional clips for the concluding programme even as the channel’s news programmes reported the allegations against Clarke.

Michaela Coel, whose award-winning BBC series I May Destroy You was influenced by her experience of sexual assault in the television industry, also publicly offered her backing for the individuals who spoke to the Guardian.

“I am here to offer great support for the 20 brave women who have come forward; those who have shared their identities with us, but also those who have preferred to use an alias.

“Speaking about these incidents takes a lot of strength because some call them ‘grey areas’. They are however far from grey. These behaviours are unprofessional, violent, and can destroy a person’s perception of themselves, their places in the world and their career irreparably. I have shared to show solidarity, to express my belief in them and to stand with them in their indignation. I applaud the Guardian and its journalists for investigating and publishing this story.”

Clarke has denied all but one of the claims made by the Guardian and said in a statement: “If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologise. I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations.”

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

I see the TV companies working with Noel Clarke have fucked him off until the allegations against him are investigated which is fair enough. However, there are also calls not to show the final episode of Viewpoint which has been airing on ITV this week. 

So they’ve shown the first four episodes Monday to Thursday and the final one is tonight, is it just me or does it seem crazy not to show it when you’ve already aired the first four? What about the other actors in the show?

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/apr/30/noel-clarke-dropped-by-broadcasters-over-sexual-harassment-claims?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Television production companies have halted their work with the actor and director Noel Clarke after the Guardian published detailed allegations of sexual harassment against him.

On Thursday night, the Guardian described the accounts of 20 women who claim Clarke sexually harassed them. The director, who first came to fame for his Kidulthood series of films, strongly denies the accusations, which were made shortly after Bafta announced that it planned to give Clarke a special award for outstanding British contribution to cinema.

Sky said it stopped work on the forthcoming series of the award-winning police show Bulletproof, which was created by and also stars Clarke, after reading the allegations.

It said: “Sky stands against all forms of sexual harassment and bullying and takes any allegations of this nature extremely seriously. Effective immediately, we have halted Noel Clarke’s involvement in any future Sky productions.”

Vertigo Films, the UK producer behind Bulletproof, said in a statement: “We are devastated to hear about these allegations and have launched an urgent investigation to find out if any apply to any Vertigo Films productions. Our immediate concern is for any cast or crew who may have had a negative experience on set.

It said it had not received any complaints but encouraged anyone affected to get in contact. It said: “Effective immediately, Noel Clarke is removed from any Vertigo Films production.”

ITV has yet to comment on whether it will show the final episode of Clarke’s new show, Viewpoint, which is due to be broadcast on Friday night. The five-part programme is being shown in a prestigious 9pm slot every night this week. On Friday morning, the channel was still showing promotional clips for the concluding programme even as the channel’s news programmes reported the allegations against Clarke.

Michaela Coel, whose award-winning BBC series I May Destroy You was influenced by her experience of sexual assault in the television industry, also publicly offered her backing for the individuals who spoke to the Guardian.

“I am here to offer great support for the 20 brave women who have come forward; those who have shared their identities with us, but also those who have preferred to use an alias.

“Speaking about these incidents takes a lot of strength because some call them ‘grey areas’. They are however far from grey. These behaviours are unprofessional, violent, and can destroy a person’s perception of themselves, their places in the world and their career irreparably. I have shared to show solidarity, to express my belief in them and to stand with them in their indignation. I applaud the Guardian and its journalists for investigating and publishing this story.”

Clarke has denied all but one of the claims made by the Guardian and said in a statement: “If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologise. I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations.”

ITV have decided to pull it. I’ve been watching it and am pissed off I won’t get to find out what happens.

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

ITV have decided to pull it. I’ve been watching it and am pissed off I won’t get to find out what happens.

Well, they need to immediately keep people safe as there's a potential sex offender involved, so not showing a programme that was recorded months ago will really help there...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Just seen this in The Guardian. 

The decision to pull the finale of a drama series from a mainstream television channel for off-screen reasons at the last minute is highly unusual. The broadcaster said the final episode would be made briefly available on its ITV Hub streaming service for viewers who wanted to see how the story concluded.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Some banter about Borrowman being next up, would be happy to see him cancelled the fucking oddball fuck.

Apparently he keeps getting his knob out on every set he's worked on. And groping young lads as well as being a diva twat screaming at people.

He's such an annoying OTT cunt

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently he keeps getting his knob out on every set he's worked on. And groping young lads as well as being a diva twat screaming at people.

He's such an annoying OTT cunt

By that criteria Stig should never work again.