You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

Just now, SasaS said:

So, you don't know either.

Aah right so because I won't rise to your predictable bait, I don't know? When the author of the book is the one who comes out and says it's passively racist thats enough for me, considering ....you know .... he wrote the book. 

5 hours ago, SasaS said:

What is "passive racism"?

Google throws up results with several different definitions.

5 hours ago, SasaS said:

And this is what Captain Underpants was doing?

Dav Pilkey used the term to describe something he'd written that was unintentionally and unwittingly racist. In line with Dolly Parton's "don't be a dumbass" philosophy, now he's realised it could be seen as racist, he's decided to do something about it. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

David Jason is cancelled, because he once recounted an anecdote in which the Queen referred to a (white) ambassador from the USA as a gorilla.

No, me either.

The back peddling has been hilarious.  Loads dived straight in and then had to resort to ‘don’t be mean’ after calling him all sorts. 

Although when he dies and stories about him fiddling with kids come out they’ll be back saying ‘told you so’. 

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The back peddling has been hilarious.  Loads dived straight in and then had to resort to ‘don’t be mean’ after calling him all sorts. 

Although when he dies and stories about him fiddling with kids come out they’ll be back saying ‘told you so’. 

I love the way they go foraging for racism and act like they have struck gold when they (think) they have found it so they can go into outraged mode. 

• Upvote 1