You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

17 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Sometimes it is OK to do that.  But nobheads who bang on about their inalienable right - nay, duty! - to be obnoxious cunts are just the absolute worst. 

What's wrong with good manners, kindness and basic human decency?

I one hundred per cent agree with you on this angry.

Use some common sense in every day life and try not to offend people of other beliefs and cultures without it restricting your own life. Sometimes the lines can  get crossed but in general its really not that hard.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Jeremy Corbyn should start taking the piss out of the hats and hairdos of Orthodox Jews. It will be fun to watch you and Stronts defend him from the backlash.

If he took the piss out of everyone it wouldn’t be an issue.  Like Charlie Hebdo, equal opportunity pisstakers. 

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I one hundred per cent agree with you on this angry.

Use some common sense in every day life and try not to offend people of other beliefs and cultures without it restricting your own life. Sometimes the lines can  get crossed but in general its really not that hard.

What about when their beliefs or cultures impact you? 

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I'd punch their fucking head in 

You couldn't punch a lightbulb out. Although I do like you're tact on the Corbyn thread lately .... change is good, division is natural. 

2 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Rico in being a hand-wringing dog-whistling snowflake shocker. There are two fuckwits on this site that aren't worth engaging with, Strontium Dogfucker and rico"I can't be a racist I once dated an Asian"1304. Just ignore the plums and move on.

Harsh on Rico. He isn't racist. Questionable politics? yeah the twat but at least he's honest. 

2 or 3 others on the site are actual racists and as for SD.... He isn'r racist he just can't handle being wrong. Or fucking dogs. 

Herp, we might be sat outside the principles office together getting the cane because SD is a grass. Have you seen Kes? 

8 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Rico in being a hand-wringing dog-whistling snowflake shocker. There are two fuckwits on this site that aren't worth engaging with, Strontium Dogfucker and rico"I can't be a racist I once dated an Asian"1304. Just ignore the plums and move on.

I’ve never dated an Asian person.  Will take your advice on ignoring plums though. 

You’ll never know how sad it makes me that some random cunt in the internet doesn’t like me. But I bet you can guess. 

35 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve never dated an Asian person.  Will take your advice on ignoring plums though. 

You’ll never know how sad it makes me that some random cunt in the internet doesn’t like me. But I bet you can guess. 

At least you can dry your tears with £100 notes

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Below is the real reason Ricos upset, saying that hes always upset, anyway he recently got the keys for his 80 grand Porsche, drove it onto SDs drive to show off and this was the result

Remember when I said you were rubbish at this? 

Here’s a good one for you @Rico1304

A performance of Hedwig and the Angry Inch cancelled after a petition from trans people angry that a queer bloke was cast as Hedwig instead of a trans actor.

Even though the writers of the play themselves don’t think that the character is trans (by choice) and is instead queer.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/nov/18/its-not-about-cancel-culture-hedwig-and-the-angry-inch-postponed-after-trans-led-petition

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Dangerous ground when roles have to be taken up by the exact demographic that the character requires.

I think Sia is in danger of being cancelled for not casting an autistic person to play an autistic character. She did try, but the autistic actor couldn’t do it.  That wasn’t enough.   

1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

Dangerous ground when roles have to be taken up by the exact demographic that the character requires.

The logical conclusion is to dispense with actors and cast real people instead. If you want to do a remake of, say, Trainspotting, you have to cast real Edinburgh smackheads; if you want to remake Downfall, you have to dig Hitler up; etc.

At least it should put an end to all those fucking superhero movies.

• Upvote 1