You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

On 11/07/2020 at 19:16, Aw Geez said:

There's definitely an argument that throwing them off the platform just further strengthens the silent majority.

I haven't heard that argument from anyone.

It's a shit argument.

It's like when all the Twitter creatures threatened to leave Twitter and go to Parlor.  They did set-up on Parlor, but came back to Twitter because, I presume, they want to wind-up non-fascists and cause trouble. 

12 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

who's just been rushed into intensive care.

Please tell me this comment is dripping with a quantity of irony which would be described as “lashings”, if it were butter being spread by a middle-class cliche?

Please Stronts.

You can’t limbo dance under the actual ground.

Please.

On 11/07/2020 at 23:03, Rico1304 said:

Like this

I'm not sure what the problem is here?

It seems to me that ordinary people, when they band together, can get dickheads sacked or in trouble.  

It's upto his future employers whether or not to defend their appointment.

I'm seeing very clear links between this online movement, and the way the Tories demonised Unions. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It seems to me that ordinary people, when they band together, can get dickheads sacked or in trouble.  

I'm seeing very clear links between this online movement, and the way the Tories demonised Unions. 

You don't see a problem in organized campaigning to get people fired or prevent their employment because you don't agree with their opinion? "Ordinary people" banding together? Really?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

‘Ordinary people’ - good one. Ordinary would be to shrug, accept that not everyone has the same views, put them on ignore if they wish and move on. 
The point you make about employers is a joke. It’s not as simple as that is it?

Of course it’s going to prejudice you against hiring someone even when you don’t think they’ve done anything wrong if it risks the business being next up against the metaphorical wall for an imaginary crime. 
If would even be different if there was actual engagement but it seems like finding middle ground isn’t an option. ‘You will comply and think like me or me and my internet friends are going to ruin your life’

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

‘Ordinary people’ - good one. Ordinary would be to shrug, accept that not everyone has the same views, put them on ignore if they wish and move on. 
The point you make about employers is a joke. It’s not as simple as that is it?

Of course it’s going to prejudice you against hiring someone even when you don’t think they’ve done anything wrong if it risks the business being next up against the metaphorical wall for an imaginary crime. 
If would even be different if there was actual engagement but it seems like finding middle ground isn’t an option. ‘You will comply and think like me or me and my internet friends are going to ruin your life’

Or even moan about you in a WhatsApp group.  

11 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Never got Frankie Boyle personally, always thought him to be quite a nasty piece of work.

He wrote a column for The S*n for a good while.

Tells you everything you need to know about him.