Sign in to follow this  
benwasmydog

Ray Kennedy Boss Player

On 09/07/2020 at 23:24, benwasmydog said:

Also, sorry lads if there is another thread to him. I just wanted to get the fellas name back in the picture like the boy's are pointing out about his current situation. He was a massive influence when I watched him. Am I right in saying he was Bill's last signing?

I knew Ray Kennedy was Shanks' last signing, but I never realised until I saw this a few minutes ago, that it was the day he resigned. Bloody hell, that was a close bit of timing.

Shit. I’m just to young to remember having seen him but my dad (who now has Parkinson’s himself) raves on him. Integral part of Paisley’s early success. 

He’d suffered with that disease for many years - I remember hearing him speaking about it probably about 30 years ago. Very sad. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

Shit. I’m just to young to remember having seen him but my dad (who now has Parkinson’s himself) raves on him. Integral part of Paisley’s early success. 

He’d suffered with that disease for many years - I remember hearing him speaking about it probably about 30 years ago. Very sad. 

My Dad's just been diagnosed with it too. Ray was a brilliant player, very sad that he suffered for so long. I loved that interview when Paisley spoke about him saying he was the player all the coaches asked about.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Ah no, i'm absolutely gutted. He was my favourite player as a kid, alongside The King. 

This all day. I was actually gutted that I wasn't left-footed so couldn't 'be' Ray when we were playing. Phenomenal player, RIP.

• Upvote 1

So sad.Diagnosed withParkinson’s aged 35! My mum was diagnosed at 70.

Rest in peace Ray, you were a true great. 5 league cups and 3 European cups in 7 years.

• Upvote 3