Sign in to follow this  
benwasmydog

Ray Kennedy Boss Player

On 09/07/2020 at 23:24, benwasmydog said:

Also, sorry lads if there is another thread to him. I just wanted to get the fellas name back in the picture like the boy's are pointing out about his current situation. He was a massive influence when I watched him. Am I right in saying he was Bill's last signing?

I knew Ray Kennedy was Shanks' last signing, but I never realised until I saw this a few minutes ago, that it was the day he resigned. Bloody hell, that was a close bit of timing.

Shit. I’m just to young to remember having seen him but my dad (who now has Parkinson’s himself) raves on him. Integral part of Paisley’s early success. 

He’d suffered with that disease for many years - I remember hearing him speaking about it probably about 30 years ago. Very sad. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

Shit. I’m just to young to remember having seen him but my dad (who now has Parkinson’s himself) raves on him. Integral part of Paisley’s early success. 

He’d suffered with that disease for many years - I remember hearing him speaking about it probably about 30 years ago. Very sad. 

My Dad's just been diagnosed with it too. Ray was a brilliant player, very sad that he suffered for so long. I loved that interview when Paisley spoke about him saying he was the player all the coaches asked about.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Ah no, i'm absolutely gutted. He was my favourite player as a kid, alongside The King. 

This all day. I was actually gutted that I wasn't left-footed so couldn't 'be' Ray when we were playing. Phenomenal player, RIP.

• Upvote 1

So sad.Diagnosed withParkinson’s aged 35! My mum was diagnosed at 70.

Rest in peace Ray, you were a true great. 5 league cups and 3 European cups in 7 years.

• Upvote 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Available Subscriptions

• Latest Round Up

• Last Match Report

• Popular Now

• Popular Contributors

• Jota is much more effective at bringing others into the play than Firmino these days.  It’s like your clinging on to something someone’s said a few years ago and not looking at the evidence right in front of your eyes.  A lost cause.
    • No idea. Best forget you ever saw it.   Back to @No2
    • Minder- it's a sorrie lorries morrie.  When we're pissed the Mrs won't watch anything like the wire or the sopranos. So I know every good and bad episode of minder. 8/10 and Phil Mitchell getting a slap from Terry 
    • Stig Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool)  Kevin De Bruyne (Man City)   Andy Cole (Blackburn)   Tim Flowers (Leicester)  Boudewijn Zenden (Boro)                                   John Gordon Banks Martin Peters    Graeme Souness Norman Hunter John Robertson                               Dynamite Emlyn Hughes (Wolves) Billy Bremner (Leeds) John Barnes (Liverpool) Viv Anderson (Nottingham Forest) Sol Campbell (Spurs)                               No2  Andy Gray (Wolves) Ian Rush (Liverpool) Stuart Pearce (Forest) Tony Adams (Arsenal) John Terry (Chelsea)                              Babbs John Aldridge (Oxford Utd) Peter Shilton (Nottingham Forest) Robbie Fowler (Liverpool)   Gareth Southgate  David Ginola (Spurs)      Nemanja Vidic (Man Utd)                       Lifey Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) Ray Houghton (Oxford Utd) Steve Bruce (Norwich)   Steve Staunton (Villa)   Michael Owen (Liverpool) Eden Hazard (Chelsea)                       Alex_K Paul McGrath (Aston Villa) Luis Suarez (Liverpool) Johnny Giles (Leeds) Juninho Paulista (Middlesbrough) Larry Lloyd (Notts Forest) Paul Scholes (Man Utd)                        Elite Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea) Mark Hughes (Blackburn) Rio Ferdinand (United) Ledley King (Spurs)                    Lee909 Mendieta Damien Duff Des Walker (Nottingham Forest) Jack Charlton (Leeds) Chris Woods (Norwich) Kenny Samsom (Arsenal)                            
    • Yeah.....some serious money being paid out.   Their wage to turnover ratio was up at something mad like 85% - totally unsustainable and they have been making massive losses year after year with no signs of their revenues growing.   They are in trouble.   Fuck them...i always used to say 'no don't want them down its bad for the city, and bad for the older decent blues'...but now - fuck them, hope they drop, hope they fall through leagues and frankly i wouldn't be arsed if they go bust - and way they are going both are a realistic possibility.