You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ray Kennedy Boss Player

benwasmydog

What a player. His current plight is really sad, might be being naive but I think clubs like ours should be looking after their former heroes. The fact he had to sell off all his medals to survive a life with a terrible medical condition is awful.

• Upvote 3

Also, sorry lads if there is another thread to him. I just wanted to get the fellas name back in the picture like the boy's are pointing out about his current situation. He was a massive influence when I watched him. Am I right in saying he was Bill's last signing?

11 minutes ago, Baltar said:

What a player. His current plight is really sad, might be being naive but I think clubs like ours should be looking after their former heroes. The fact he had to sell off all his medals to survive a life with a terrible medical condition is awful.

Yeah the clubs should do more. 

Especially for cases like his, not so much the morons that blow today's cash footballers get. If the PFA wasn't headed by a money hungry dinosaur they should be the ones stepping in. A footballers medical fund etc set up to help those in need. Even 0.5% on wages and X amount on signing on, transfer and agents fees. 

• Upvote 2

I can't comment on whether the club are helping the fella out or not with his medical bills, I genuinely don't know. They should be in my humble opinion. All I think is, in my youth, he was a massively important player in our march to the pinnacle we are at. For what it's worth, probably one of the most outstanding players in our history. 

1 hour ago, benwasmydog said:

Also, sorry lads if there is another thread to him. I just wanted to get the fellas name back in the picture like the boy's are pointing out about his current situation. He was a massive influence when I watched him. Am I right in saying he was Bill's last signing?

Yes, he was. Signed as a striker from arsenal but, after whacking a few balls miles over the bar once too often, Bob moved him back to midfield where he really flourished for us.

Remember seeing an interview with Bob when he said they had more inquiries for him then any other player .

Who can forget his sweet strike against Bayern in the semi final of the European cup in the Olympic stadium to take us to Paris 

A proper player probably underrated by many .

10 hours ago, benwasmydog said:

I can't comment on whether the club are helping the fella out or not with his medical bills, I genuinely don't know. They should be in my humble opinion. All I think is, in my youth, he was a massively important player in our march to the pinnacle we are at. For what it's worth, probably one of the most outstanding players in our history. 

He shouldn't need help with his medical bills as we have a national health service. It is possible and likely he needs some type of care help though. The money the PFA sit on, they should 100% be at the front of this. 

Guest Pistonbroke

He was a legend imo, struggled to get into the team at first due to the partnership between Keegan and Toshack but made the most when asked to deputise on the left wing and made that position his own. He had great vision and that's probably why he excelled in his new role. Great management by Bob to show faith in him and boy was he repaid.