You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fan update for season ticket holders - do it or lose it.

Fucking shit! Club sent me the email below about the required changes. Changed my password as required, now getting bad gateway message. Oh, they recommend doing this on your mobile phone, like yeah, because mobile phones have huge screens, dont they? Then they put light grey text on a white background. Have they never heard of the DDA and making websites easily viewable? Can this club's IT system people never get anything right?

Also note you will need some form of photo id to complete the process.If you dont have any, the club will advise how you can get some! Probably means apply for a uK provisional licence!

Liverpool FC has announced that it will now be rolling out its Fan Update scheme to Season Ticket holders. This comes as part of its on-going commitment to make the process of buying tickets as fair as possible and make Anfield more accessible and secure for fans.

Following Official Members who attended 13 or more Premier League home games last season being the first to complete the process, Fan Update will now require all Season Ticket holders to confirm or amend their registered details before 14 August 2020 to ensure they can retain their ticket for the 2020/2021 season.

It is designed to ensure that just one Season Ticket is registered per supporter, and will give fans who have been regularly using a Season Ticket that may not be in their name the chance to register the ticket for themselves with the permission of its owner – often the Season Ticket is in the name of a family member or friend.

Fan Update will be approved only if the identification you provide matches the details currently recorded on our ticketing system, below:  

• Forename
  • Surname
  • Date of Birth

Before completing the Fan Update process, all fans are required to reset their password by clicking here and if your identification is a match for the details above, you can then click here to complete Fan Update, once you have read all the guidelines. 

It takes around 5 minutes to complete, and you will need to have your form of photo ID handy, such as a passport, driving licence or citizen’s card. Also, if your address is showing as incorrect, it will be updated if the identification you provide us with, supports this. 

If your identification differs from the above, even slightly, your application will be declined.  Therefore, to get you through the process as quickly and easily as possible, please click here and let us know of any changes. Any change requests should be submitted by 31 July 2020.

As soon as we have updated your change request on our ticketing system, we will contact you to advise that you can go ahead with completing Fan Update.

Season Ticket Holders that do not complete Fan Update by 14 August 2020 will be unable to renew their season ticket for the 20/21 season.

If you have any questions, please visit our FAQs page

To read the full news story click here.

We will release information regarding Season Ticket Renewals in due course.

Thank you for your continued support

Liverpool Football Club

8 minutes ago, DaveT said:

How does the photo ID thing work - do they ask you to send a photo of your driving licence/passport? (is thta why they recommend using a phone?)

Yes they do. I did this months ago, sent in my passport.

12 minutes ago, DaveT said:

How does the photo ID thing work - do they ask you to send a photo of your driving licence/passport? (is thta why they recommend using a phone?)

Not sure mate, I cant even fucking log on.

Just had a look at the FAQs. They say it has to be a driver's licence, passport or citizen's card. It needs to be in colour which is fun because UK DL photo licence has a black and white picture!

Once they've verified the photo id, they say it will be deleted in line with GDPR.

1 hour ago, redheart said:

The problem I have is that it asks me which details need to be corrected but none of them do and hence I cannot submit

It's a fucking joke. We have what, 29,000 - 30,000 season ticket holders and they cannot stress test the system for all of them trying to log on at the same time?

I mean they've said update your details by 14 August else you lose your seasie, send an email to everyone and didnt expect people to go, fuck, Id better get that sorted pronto?

When I click on the link now, I just get the Fan Update blog saying 'we've received an incredible response blah, blah, blah, please try again later'! WTF did they expect?

23 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I clicked on the link to change my password and it said its sent me an email to follow, except it hasn’t.

Remove the zeros from the start of your member number (if it added any) that was what fixed it for me. Then over an hour waiting only for the page to freeze once I was in and confirming details. The ticket office fucks up everything it touches. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I don’t get it. How do I register a season ticket that is in a family members name to myself? It needs to stay in their name too

The family member has to do it, not you. But I think the idea is a seasie ticket can only be registered to one person, the one who will use it. Pants, I know.

For anyone struggling to get into the system, this worked for me after trying since yesterday morning.

The system is only available from 10am apparently!

You have to change your password and the password must meet the character criteria.  Once you change your password, you're supposed to be able to update your details. BUT I changed mine and attempted to log in to the next stage and got an error fan number and or password incorrect.

So I entered in all again carefully and got the same error. I tried 4 leading zeros on my fan id but still no success.

This morning I changed my password again and re tried. Computer said no again and again and again. Fuck it, I'll phone them next week. I tried all the above on my lappie and mobi but no luck.

Tonight, I thought I'll give it one last go on the mobi. Entered my fan id and the password, fuck me it let me in! Asked to confirm all my details and uploaded my photo id driver's license. Job done! Should get an email confirmation in 7 to 14 days time all is well!

It seems when you change your password, the club's server with your details is not updated dynamically and takes a little time to ripple through hence the error I got.

Id suggest once you change your password, if you get an error on the log in page, leave it for a day then try logging in again. It might work!

5 hours ago, davelfc* said:

Remove the zeros from the start of your member number (if it added any) that was what fixed it for me. Then over an hour waiting only for the page to freeze once I was in and confirming details. The ticket office fucks up everything it touches. 

That worked. Cheers bud.

21 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The family member has to do it, not you. But I think the idea is a seasie ticket can only be registered to one person, the one who will use it. Pants, I know.

For anyone struggling to get into the system, this worked for me after trying since yesterday morning.

The system is only available from 10am apparently!

You have to change your password and the password must meet the character criteria.  Once you change your password, you're supposed to be able to update your details. BUT I changed mine and attempted to log in to the next stage and got an error fan number and or password incorrect.

So I entered in all again carefully and got the same error. I tried 4 leading zeros on my fan id but still no success.

This morning I changed my password again and re tried. Computer said no again and again and again. Fuck it, I'll phone them next week. I tried all the above on my lappie and mobi but no luck.

Tonight, I thought I'll give it one last go on the mobi. Entered my fan id and the password, fuck me it let me in! Asked to confirm all my details and uploaded my photo id driver's license. Job done! Should get an email confirmation in 7 to 14 days time all is well!

It seems when you change your password, the club's server with your details is not updated dynamically and takes a little time to ripple through hence the error I got.

Id suggest once you change your password, if you get an error on the log in page, leave it for a day then try logging in again. It might work!

Thanks. My confusion is from the press release bit that acknowledges people share tickets amongst family members.

Any STH heard back from the club yet on whether you're ok to go with next season's application when available?

I did mine a week ago. The only confirmation I got was an on screen message saying my upload was successful and Id hear something in 7 to 14 days. There's no email confirmation.

But seeing as they gave a cut off date of 14 August and the shitshow of trying to upload details in the first place, I dont really want to be fannying around and hanging on too long for the club to pull the finger out!