You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Food Amnesty

niallers

Last time I had Scouse it didn’t have beetroot in it and it was very enjoyable. 

Next time I have it, I’ll add beetroot. If it’s not equally as enjoyable I’ll be mildly irritated with the whole forum, even those who didn’t advocate having it (collective responsibility is a foundation from which future greatness will be built).

I’ll also be fucking apoplectic at myself for being weak and listening to the advice in the first place. It doesn’t sound like a good idea and allowing myself to be swayed in this way pisses me right off. 

The son in law did scouse on the Xmas market on Church Street a few years back and I asked him about the beetroot thing , and he reckoned from memory it was probably about 30/40% had it on the scouse between that and red cabbage which was another option.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I have a policy that I don’t trust people who don’t like cheese.

It’s not impossible that this might be one way to tell who’s a genuine human and who is an alien from outer space, masquerading as a human, before the time comes to kill us all and take over the planet.

The aliens are either these ‘people’ or cats. Possibly both. 

I've been fitting out on Peanutbutter(Crunchy), a half inch thick, on only the crusts of a loaf. She's seen her arse loads because I empty the loaf bag/wrapper out to get the other when, which apparently, makes the loaf go off quicker, but fuck her. Half inch crunchy Peanutbutter, on a crust, is the fucking bomb. 

16 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

I'd never heard of pink sauce before it was mentioned on here. Then the other day I went to celebration feast for something or other and there it was - Vietnamese pink sauce. Mayonaisse and chilli sauce. And no, I didn't try it.

IMG_20200712_121401.jpg

Pink sauce? Just mayonnaise lashed on top of chilli sauce, that! 

Never heard of pink sauce, but I’ve had something called burger sauce from the supermarket that is pink, well, sort of, in colour.

8CFEB421-3241-412E-897B-0C9FE4BF282A.jpeg

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

These are very tasty. They are probably made from M25 road kill but I don't care. Available in your local Aldi along with a petrol generator and a retractable fishing rod.  

meatballs.jpg

I grabbed a pack of them or something like them from a garage one day craving some sort of protein. They were nice but dry as fuck. 

Was watching some ancient tv show dug up by BBC to cover covid gaps and it was going on about an East End pie and mash shop closing after a hundred years. The eels looked absolutely disgusting and I was flabbergasted that the 'liquor' they put over it is parsley based and has no alcohol involved.

11 hours ago, sir roger said:

Was watching some ancient tv show dug up by BBC to cover covid gaps and it was going on about an East End pie and mash shop closing after a hundred years. The eels looked absolutely disgusting and I was flabbergasted that the 'liquor' they put over it is parsley based and has no alcohol involved.

Pie and Mash is fine but Eels? Disgusting. They smell like shite too as they are bottom dwellers in the rivers and canals.

14 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

As a newbie, the straightforward nature of your reply has made suspicious. I’m guessing it’s some sort of gay code triggered by the word meatballs  ? My guess is Garage is local cruising spot, probably the woods near the common, protein must mean cock, nice Is pretty boy, high cheekbones, tight cheeks and dry is obviously no lube. Am I on the right lines ?  Live and let live is my motto. 

AlarmingImpressiveFlamingo-small.gif