You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Food Amnesty

niallers

11 hours ago, niallers said:

The following foods and food items can do one as they're all fucking rancid 

Cheese

Garlic

Mayonnaise 

Curry 

Tomatoes

Coffee

Salad cream

Brown, red and pink sauce 

All wine 

That's all for now. I'll be back if I remember anymore.

Up the bland palated minority.

This is a joke. Right?

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Beetroot, Celery, Horse Radish and Prunes can go straight into the bin. 

This thread is a disgrace

Beetroot? I bet you don’t tell your Russian wife about this deviancy

Celery? How do you cook a decent base for soups and stocks or any creole food

Horse radish? You live in fucking Germany, they have bowls of it lying around on tables

Prunes? Not my favourite but they serve a very useful purpose and, based on this post, you clearly need to get some shite out 

I knew one day a thread would get the site shut down and most of us arrested. I thought it would be the breakfast thread if I'm honest. Cant wait to see the cunt throw his porridge all over the canteen. 

*No, not that porridge Colin. 

13 hours ago, niallers said:

There was a guy on that fussy eaters a few years ago who only ate asda salt and vinegar crisps and asda cheese pizzas, and that was it! That's madness. I'm not that bad. I just like plain food. Stews, shepherd's pie, roast dinners, steak, fish and chips. That'll do. And yes, if there's beans going, I'll add them to my fry up!

Stews, shepherd’s pie, roasts and fish and chips are excellent. Beans, of course, aren’t!

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

This thread is a disgrace

Beetroot? I bet you don’t tell your Russian wife about this deviancy

Celery? How do you cook a decent base for soups and stocks or any creole food

Horse radish? You live in fucking Germany, they have bowls of it lying around on tables

Prunes? Not my favourite but they serve a very useful purpose and, based on this post, you clearly need to get some shite out 

To be fair like anything in life it's all about personal tastes and preferences. I don't mind beetroot in as Borsch but as a side vegetable it's gipping. Same with celery, plus loads of vegetables one can use as a base. Horse Raddish is also gipping. Prunes are the Devils shit.

Have we established what pink sauce is yet?

I have visions of something akin to a melted Angel Delight being poured over my meat and two vegetables. Fusion cooking gone mad.

Also...

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Beetroot

Food of the gods. Particularly when crinkle cut. For some reason it goes from a 10/10 to a 12/10 when chopped this way. 

5 minutes ago, niallers said:

Pink sauce is ketchup and Mayonnaise mixed up together. Maybe it's an Irish thing. We have it over here in chippers, although mostly in country side ones where all the hicks live 

Thanks for the answer.

It sounds horrendous. The Pink Sauce, not rural Ireland. 

38 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Have we established what pink sauce is yet?

I have visions of something akin to a melted Angel Delight being poured over my meat and two vegetables. Fusion cooking gone mad.

Also...

Food of the gods. Particularly when crinkle cut. For some reason it goes from a 10/10 to a 12/10 when chopped this way. 

She made tomato and beetroot soup the other day. Yeah fit. I can't stand it in a pan of scouse though. Ruins it. 

19 minutes ago, niallers said:

Pink sauce is ketchup and Mayonnaise mixed up together. Maybe it's an Irish thing. We have it over here in chippers, although mostly in country side ones where all the hicks live 

After that OP, you're in no position to judge.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She made tomato and beetroot soup the other day. Yeah fit. I can't stand it in a pan of scouse though. Ruins it. 

I’m not Scouse and even I know it doesn’t belong in Scouse.

Doesn’t go in a bowl of cornflakes either but it’s still lovely when paired with the correct ingredient or when eaten directly from the jar. 

I had a fish finger sandwich for lunch and added a slice or two. Lovely.

The soup sounds nice. So does ‘she’ for making it. 

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

I like most things. The only things I won’t eat are bananas (horrible, white dog turd looking things, although I like banana flavoured things, such as milkshakes)...

I'm pretty much the opposite with bananas. I like bananas themselves but I don't like things that are called banana flavoured, like that Crusha syrup from back in the day. Way too articifial. I'm also not fond of dried banana chips (the sort you get in things like granola, muesli etc).

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, niallers said:

Chuck in some pickle relish and you have McDonalds secret sauce.

4 hours ago, niallers said:

Pink sauce is outstanding. 

I do live out in the country though