You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) Premier League 11/7/20 - 15:00

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

In the big scheme of things it's just a blip under unnormal circumstances, the fact we are Champions is the main thing and I'll be buzzing until someone takes that away from us. We can still get the points record and what will be will be and all that. We've broken enough records, let's not get disappointed about not breaking more. The last two seasons under Klopp and these lads has been exceptional, least we forget. 

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Exactly. You'd think we lost the league today reading some comments. What is it, 34 consecutive home wins before today? We really should have lost to watford at home and would have but for some shit finishing by their forwards. Allison gets sent off against Brighton and we just hang on for the win. Today, we deserved the 3 points but their keeper made a couple of excellent saves and the officials gave two poor decisions against us. Shit happens.

Long runs come to an end. It's disappointing but we've won the league.

We are a fantastic side, one of if not our best team ever. Some people need to give their head a wobble. Onwards and upwards, can we get better?

( we can get worse, not signing players, injuries, loss of form) So can everyone.

We all knew our form would be a bit patchy when we came back as the league was effectively won. Under normal circumstances with a crowd behind us knowing we could have (still can) broken the points record then I think we win today . 

Rival dickhead fans on Twitter can float about us dropping points but ultimately they are still devastated that we are champions and after 30 years wasn't that the ultimate goal ? 

Records are lovely of course , but our season was effectively over when Chelsea beat City so I was more surprised by the Palace game than the City game in a way.

Focus must be on next season now, and Jurgen has a few minor issues to resolve, as despite us winning the league by a million miles, I cannot see us getting as many one-goal wins next season , particularly with last-minute winners. To my mind we need to stop the mindset that every goal has to be a goal of the season contender and start working on our basic finishing in training. Get the second goal today from one of the hundred chances in the first half and the game becomes a stroll.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Nice to see Burnley roll over against Man City but pull their finger out against us like it was the world cup final. 

They didn’t. They defended resolutely and got a scent they could win it late on. Pope made some terrific saves and but for them this would’ve been a cake walk.

i didn’t get arch them against city, but I watched us against city so it’s hard to criticise another team getting bummed by them.

I have resigned myself that the whole thing is a bit of a come down. Given the state of affairs not surprising.

And City wil get off.

And United will get CL spot.

If it comes back with fans next season we will be boss again. Not sure I would endure following a season in empty stadiums.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I have resigned myself that the whole thing is a bit of a come down. Given the state of affairs not surprising.

And City wil get off.

And United will get CL spot.

If it comes back with fans next season we will be boss again. Not sure I would endure following a season in empty stadiums.

Do you really think the football's been different? I mean, there's a psychological advantage to home matches with fans there and it's nicer overall, but the quality of football hasn't been any worse to the point where you should stop watching. 

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

Robbo and Trent not happy

They're right. That wasn't just one or those games where all the niggly fouls are called one way and one side gets the slight advantage from that, this was a game where refereeing fuck ups tangibly cost us a pen and a goal. 

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

They didn’t. They defended resolutely and got a scent they could win it late on. Pope made some terrific saves and but for them this would’ve been a cake walk.

i didn’t get arch them against city, but I watched us against city so it’s hard to criticise another team getting bummed by them.

CharmingWhirlwindBongo-size_restricted.g

Why do teams really have a go at us but bend over for City? Brighton midweek had a real go, tonight Potter throws in a terrible team and they are getting bounced. City beat a limp Burnley 5-0 a few weeks back and today they turn up putting in the graft of their lives.

Wouldn't mind if they applied the same fucking effort across the opposition.

• Upvote 2