You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite non-Premier League team

WhiskeyJar

Watching Spurs Vs Everton and I've just realised that other than Liverpool, I really don't follow any other team outside the Premier League. I have family that are fans of Spurs and Arsenal but nothing outside the Premier League. Does anyone have a favourite team outside the Premier League? 

Huddersfield Town. Partly because of Bill Shankly, partly because they’re not far from me and partly because their supporters despise Leeds. This affection is only applied when they’re not in the Premier League though. Found myself going right off them the two years they were there.

Outside the UK - Inter Milan. 

23 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Huddersfield Town. Partly because of Bill Shankly, partly because they’re not far from me and partly because their supporters despise Leeds. This affection is only applied when they’re not in the Premier League though. Found myself going right off them the two years they were there.

Had a nice wee bevvie with some of the natives in that gasworks club halfway between the ground and the town.

• Upvote 1

I know they're a twat of a club, but I've had some great times watching Barcelona, been to Camp Nou a few times over the years. It's enjoyable going to a footy stadium and not giving that much of a shit about the result, instead of being a hysterical fanny like I am at Anfield. Always helps if you get to watch Messi in full flow as well.

Actually saw them lose 2-0 at home to Hercules CF years ago, it was fucking excellent.

I used to attend Celtic games on occasion and had their kits as a kid.

I like Whitby Town, as a result of holidaying there.

I have favourite teams in some European leagues, but never watch their games and don’t always check their results.

Italy - Sampdoria 

Germany - Borussia Monchengladbach 

Spain - Real Sociedad

Hull are my hometown club so I look out for their results, although I wouldn't call them a 'favourite'.

Otherwise, I keep an eye out for Hammarby's results in the Allsvenskan and I'm determined to go back to Stockholm and see a game.

Guest Pistonbroke
On 06/07/2020 at 22:37, Trumo said:

I quite like the two Borussias, Dortmund and Gladbach. It would be great if we were in the same CL group as Gladbach next season.

Yeah, I have a soft spot for Borussia Mönchengladbach due to the friendship between fans after the 77 final in Rome. If a fan of theirs notices you are a Liverpool fan you end up chatting for a while, they love us. Same with Dortmund fans. I obviously like Arminia Bielefeld my local team but not a fan as such, just get a match in now and again for my live football fix. I also keep an eye out for a local team I played for in the Landesliga in the 90's, TUS Jollenbeck. Loads of other teams that I keep an eye out for the score, but purely down to being a fan of the sport and mainly based on whether I had a good time visiting the City.