You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8/7/2020 Brighton (A) Premier League 20:15

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, DJLJ said:

No, we are 2 - 0 up, Neco is a young kid learning his trade, up against a very quick runner so will be difficult, but when you say he is there for a shout of motm, then I have to bring up the negatives for why I don’t think he is there with a shout of that. Surely you have to look at this also. 

Edit: just got caught out of position again for their goal. 

Him showing his inexperience doesn't outweigh the good things he's doing.  And the good things are very good.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Saintslfc13 said:

It's times like that I want Bobby to be more selfish. It's not that Ox wasn't in a good position but I think everyone expected Bobby to lay it off anyway and Bobby is a better finisher than Ox barring the occasional long range effort.

No point laying it off to Ox anyway he's always going to hit it with his right with a crowd of people infront of him. 

1 minute ago, Saintslfc13 said:

It's times like that I want Bobby to be more selfish. It's not that Ox wasn't in a good position but I think everyone expected Bobby to lay it off anyway and Bobby is a better finisher than Ox barring the occasional long range effort.

To be honest I think Bobby is an atrocious finisher overall. 

If they don’t gift us any more goals we might not win this after all.

Right on it for the first 20 minutes, but since then we’ve been a bit slack, they’re having loads of joy down both flanks, that Lamptey kid looks useful.

Neco needs to just be careful with this ref, one more mistake could see him off.

Keita has played well, which is something I hope I get to say more often.

Not a good half from us that. Been good going forwards for spells at least. And consistently weak defensively, a better side than Brighton probabaly would’ve score 2 or 3 in that half.

Bobby, Keita, Henderson, Alisson and Salah have played well. The rest not so good. Ox and Williams have been taken to the cleaners by Lamptey.

Very poor defending to let them back into a game that should be done.  Just slack all round.

Brighton are fucking wank but if we sleepwalk through the second half, they'll get another.  I'd get Williams off before he's sent off and Oxocube off for anyone.

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

To be honest I think Bobby is an atrocious finisher overall. 

What!?!

Well, we got off to a great start with 2 goals in the first 10 minutes, kept our foot on the gas looking for a 3rd. But when it didnt come, Brighton grew in confidence and we got slack at the back, particularly young Williams.

He's had a bright game but got caught out badly and tried to pull that Lampety down when he scampered past him. I think the ref let himoff that one but decided once he'd clattered Lamptey once too often he was getting a card. The danger now is if Williams gets caught out again whether he picks up a 2nd yellow.

Naby has played very well, so has Ox. Bobby passed up the chance to score for Hendo. Disappointed we conceeded as it mean that joker Pope has more clean sheets than Ali.

2nd half Id swap Milner for Williams, Jones for Gini who's giving the ball away for fun. Again. And Joe, stop fucking about grappling people will you?