You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8/7/2020 Brighton (A) Premier League 20:15

Bjornebye

Nous. Organisation. Liveliness. Grit. Bravado. Tenacity. Precision. Urgency. Nuisance-factor. Skill.

I don't ask for much.

Hypnotise our players into thinking it's not done and dusted if that's what it takes, so they approach this game with the same intensity and focus they did in the majority of our games prior to the lockdown. Brighton have got a bit of breathing space between them and the sides at the bottom, so I've no idea if they'd rest some of their main players to save them for games against teams they feel they are more likely to get points from. We just need to do our thing, and for some of our lads at least, that means not playing like they're distracted, half-arsed or drunk!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Nous. Organisation. Liveliness. Grit. Bravado. Tenacity. Precision. Urgency. Nuisance-factor. Skill.

I don't ask for much.

Hypnotise our players into thinking it's not done and dusted if that's what it takes, so they approach this game with the same intensity and focus they did in the majority of our games prior to the lockdown. Brighton have got a bit of breathing space between them and the sides at the bottom, so I've no idea if they'd rest some of their main players to save them for games against teams they feel they are more likely to get points from. We just need to do our thing, and for some of our lads at least, that means not playing like they're distracted, half-arsed or drunk!

That's a queer introduction. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Hope Salah can get to 100 goals by the end of the season. He's on 92 at the moment . Four behind Vardy for the golden boot.

Hopefully some of the young lads can get another appearance for their medals. 

Hope Alisson can get the Golden Gloves, too. Given the number of games he's missed it would be an astonishing achievement. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Brighton are more or less safe and apart from their defeat against the Mancs have had a decent run of results since the restart. Should give us a good game but I'm sure the lads will prevail. 

11 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Hope Alisson can get the Golden Gloves, too. Given the number of games he's missed it would be an astonishing achievement. 

Yeah I think Pope of burnley is his nearest rival? Thanksfully, Burnley conceeded the other day and Ali kept a cleansheet yesterday.

Anyone know if this game is on BT or Sky?

13 hours ago, Trumo said:

I don't ask for much.

Don't get bent.

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah I think Pope of burnley is his nearest rival? Thanksfully, Burnley conceeded the other day and Ali kept a cleansheet yesterday.

Anyone know if this game is on BT or Sky?

Sky this one the one against Burnley is a 3 o'clock kick off on BT 

I hate Brighton. Knocked us out of the FA Cup in successive seasons when I was at an impressionable age. Listened to one of them with a transistor radio pressed against my ear hole, whilst on a long car journey and sharing the backseat with two of my three sisters and my brother. None of them empathised with my pain.

They could have redeemed themselves in 1983 by beating the Mancs in the final but Smith deliberately didn’t score just to piss me off. 

Also, American Express is shit. I used to have one for work when I had a proper job. Spent more time wondering the streets looking for places that accepted it than sticking it to the man by racking up unnecessary expenses. 

I hope we win 0-10. That’ll show ‘em. 

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I hate Brighton. Knocked us out of the FA Cup in successive seasons when I was at an impressionable age. Listened to one of them with a transistor radio pressed against my ear hole, whilst on a long car journey and sharing the backseat with two of my three sisters and my brother. None of them empathised with my pain.

They could have redeemed themselves in 1983 by beating the Mancs in the final but Smith deliberately didn’t score just to piss me off. 

Also, American Express is shit. I used to have one for work when I had a proper job. Spent more time wondering the streets looking for places that accepted it than sticking it to the man by racking up unnecessary expenses. 

I hope we win 0-10. That’ll show ‘em. 

One of my first games at the ground without my dad was a 1-1 in the Cup in 91. Steve fucking Gatting scored for them. Part of a run of shitty results in the run up to Kenny going.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

We should batter these voiding cunts, Bobby is in desperate need of a goal and I really hope he can get one, Mo could use one too. Gonna say a comfortable night on the south coast and a 3-0 win for us. 

Our recent away form has been shite, good game to build back up some confidence on that front.