You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

2 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

According to Jurgen he's not available for Wednesday and neither is Milner fucking hell were down to the bare bones now if we weren't before , I've never known an injury list like this before. 

It's not just first teamers it's the replacements for the first teamers. The likes of Ox, Keita, Shaq, Milner who give the squad its strength. It's ridiculous. 

16 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I have a feeling that this signing might have put an end to the experiment of FSG making considerable sums of money available for players on the cusp of 30.

It's not his fault he was attacked worse than what the King of the Britons did to the black Knight. The egg shell skeletoned lallana would be the prime example of one of those players. 

I think thiago was a very bespoke signing and jota was the ying to his yang. His injury could've happened to anyone in fairness

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, niallers said:

It's not his fault he was attacked worse than what the King of the Britons did to the black Knight. The egg shell skeletoned lallana would be the prime example of one of those players. 

I think thiago was a very bespoke signing and jota was the ying to his yang. His injury could've happened to anyone in fairness

I agree it’s not his fault, but given this almost instant prolonged layoff, I just wouldn’t be surprised if players of a similar age with a less than robust fitness track record are not countenanced in future unless we’re talking bottom of the barrel, emergency signings.

Thiago has turned into our very own version of the Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels.

After Michael’s broke his back, there were weekly rumours “he’ll be back next week”. 

It took Michaels 4 years to recover. Seems like Thiago has been out as long. 

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Thiago has turned into our very own version of the Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels.

After Michael’s broke his back, there were weekly rumours “he’ll be back next week”. 

It took Michaels 4 years to recover. Seems like Thiago has been out as long. 

Maybe he'll be back for the next derby, where he can play some Sweet Chin Music on face-like-a-slapped-arse Richarlison.

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just angers me looking at Richarlison. 

I saw him yesterday walking off after the Leeds match and I just felt utter anger at the horrible cunt that he’s back playing and yet as someone mentioned on this thread earlier Pepe from Arsenal got the same ban for basically nothing .
It’s just a disgusting cowardly tackle he’s tackled in a way in which it’s done it so that it can injure a player but with zero chance of himself being done. I haven’t seen a worse tackle for a long time .

What pisses me off is as well is that more hasn’t been made of it via the media .

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I have a feeling that this signing might have put an end to the experiment of FSG making considerable sums of money available for players on the cusp of 30.

Depends on how much longer. 

I think we're all losing sight of the timeframe here, it's not like he's been out for 4 months. We're all just really disappointed but he has more excuses than Keita or Chamberlain, or Henderson for missing games as he played longer into last season and was assaulted. 

21 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

According to Jurgen he's not available for Wednesday and neither is Milner fucking hell were down to the bare bones now if we weren't before , I've never known an injury list like this before. 

I heard yesterday he was pulled out of training on Friday. He's been training of sorts since the injury and they're now trying complete rest as they don't have a clue what's wrong. Next step is another medical opinion (I think there's been two already outside of our team, but I wasn't told this yesterday). There's no expectation on a return date at all - effectively he's made next to zero progress since the injury itself. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I heard yesterday he was pulled out of training on Friday. He's been training of sorts since the injury and they're now trying complete rest as they don't have a clue what's wrong. Next step is another medical opinion (I think there's been two already outside of our team, but I wasn't told this yesterday). There's no expectation on a return date at all - effectively he's made next to zero progress since the injury itself. 

A player that doesn't heal is the most LFC 2020 thing I've heard yet.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That’s pretty worrying not just for Liverpool but the lad himself , careers have been ended by challenges like that