You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

1 hour ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Most recent a groin at at start of season, think he was out for 3 weeks. Has only 35 caps for Spain, think he missed 2012 World cup so maybe that where the injury scares may have been heightened.

He’s not a potential transfer target unless it can be proven he’ll miss at least half of the season 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

He’s 29 I recall

seems unlike FSG to take a punt on a depreciating asset 

Depends how you look at it. With things financially the way they are Klopp might use this angle. "He might be 29 but he puts us as front runners for the title next season with his quality and next summer we can go paedo again" 

28 minutes ago, magicrat said:

He’s 29 I recall

seems unlike FSG to take a punt on a depreciating asset 

His age is in line with the rest of the squad, though. The front 3 are all 28-29. Van Dijk and Wijnaldum 29, Henderson 30. His signing would fit that timeline. It's like an ageing United side signing van Persie to squeeze out another title. It makes sense in the context of the team. 

• Upvote 1

On 05/07/2020 at 01:25, Alex_K said:

You think our players were drunk on Thursday? Do you think Klopp is a mug?

Here are some away results for you in Europe in recent seasons:

0-1 Atletico - loss

2-4 Roma - loss

1-3 Barca - loss

0-1 Napoli - loss

0-2 Napoli - loss

1-2 PSG - loss

0-2 Belgrade - loss

We've had some tremendous results too because we're an exceptional team (City; Bayern) but our play has at times been lacklustre & our form away has clearly been patchy. If you think its easier to argue away some of the marginal improvements that can be made to the team with drunkenness/volatile stadiums then that's your prerogative. My view is that we have 6 world class players, a very strong team but do not have anyone in the squad who can perform a Thiago/Silva/Alonso type role, which may undo us in certain games. Its the one player we really lack.

Those results made no impact on our ability to reach the final. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Depends how you look at it. With things financially the way they are Klopp might use this angle. "He might be 29 but he puts us as front runners for the title next season with his quality and next summer we can go paedo again" 

Hope you’re right he’s a class act 

29? What the fuck it's insane how time goes past so quickly. I remember him starting out in the Barca team and have always liked him, thought it was mad that they sold him to Bayern but didn't remember it being so many years ago.

Glad that we might get him and that with me watching hardly any other football but us over recent years we're hopefully signing a player I'm actually familiar with.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Those results made no impact on our ability to reach the final. 

You waited 10 days to write that? A little redundant, but OK.

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve barely posted recently but I could have waited 10 years and I’d still have been correct. 

No, it is an utterly inane point. What exactly is your point? That because we made the final, deficiencies that raised their head again and again away from home were invalidated? That because we made the final, the team is perfection?

Barcelona won the Champions League in 2006. Were they wrong therefore to buy Lillian Thuram & Gigi Zambrotta to replace Beletti and Van Bronckhurst that summer?

Bayern won the Champions league in 2013; what need did they have for Lewandowski and Hummels to come in for Mandzukic and Dante, then?

Great clubs never stop building and striving to rectify their weaknesses. We were on a knife edge last season in Europe due to our away game at Barca; we almost ended on a knfie edge in Rome the year before. This year our impotency in Madrid was clear. It isn't any coherent excuse to say because we made the final we therefore had no problem.

Varsky Sports steal another march over El Rojo and Paulie Dangerously. Our ITKs getting bitchslapped by this outfit.

After a management impasse, LiverpoolFlag of England will try to close the signing of Thiago AlcántaraFlag of Spain with a proposal that reaches the total of what Bayern MunichFlag of Germany is requesting (Banknote with euro sign35M), but from a base close to 20M and the rest in objectives. The contract with the player is arranged.

Okay... this might well be 2+2=5... but Liverpool Twitter are *very* excited at the moment, because the official account has removed their pinned tweet... I think they’re expecting the next pinned to be Thiago’s announcement.

13 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Okay... this might well be 2+2=5... but Liverpool Twitter are *very* excited at the moment, because the official account has removed their pinned tweet... I think they’re expecting the next pinned to be Thiago’s announcement.

Twitter is where its at. Although I am surprised there is time given how it seems to just be a forum about transgender issues.

As much as I agree he doesn't fit the age criteria we usually look for he looks great in that video and I can see why we'd want him. I wonder if he'd be competing with Fabinho mostly or with Gini, looks like he play anywhere in our current midfield set up there. Maybe Klopp plans on playing Fabinho at CB more next term, or at least having the flexibility to do so without potentially weakening the midfield.

After watching that video Mo and Sadio’s hamstrings will be tested to the full. Can see what he brings and perhaps will bring Bobby into the game quicker with the ball rather than his movement without. Interesting however I got excited about Sahin look how that turned out.

Keita hasnt been the success we hoped for is a huge understatement. He's been wank. There's a very rare often over played good performance from him but other than that he's completely lost with 9 times out of 10 playing for a one two that never comes off, he came with huge expectations. He could push on next year but its 100 percent last chance saloon for him next season. We hold onto to crumbs with him so far. If he stays injury free klopp has to begin to make him a constant in the side so he can prove his worth.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

I don't understand even the slightest what that means. It's like you're talking a different language. 

As for keita. Christ he's been fucking shocking and is as scared of the ball as he is the challenges he gets when he has it. Until he fixes that he won't succeed here. It's clear he has football talent, but he's too frightened to show it.